Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,715   Online: 796

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paying online without paypal?

There was talk a few weeks back of a possible credit card method of payment and I've been waiting for this to arrive.

However, Its been a while and I really do need to pay my subscribtion... :o

Is there any news on non paypal methods of payment, or should I just go for the 'cheque in the post' method?

If so, since I am in the uk, what would I write on the cheque?

(I know the name and address to use, but I'm not sure about the currency problem, since my cheques are obviously pre-printed for UK pounds...)

Thanks

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    There was talk a few weeks back of a possible credit card method of payment and I've been waiting for this to arrive.

However, Its been a while and I really do need to pay my subscribtion... :o

Is there any news on non paypal methods of payment, or should I just go for the 'cheque in the post' method?

If so, since I am in the uk, what would I write on the cheque?

(I know the name and address to use, but I'm not sure about the currency problem, since my cheques are obviously pre-printed for UK pounds...)

Thanks

Steve
    Hi Steve, I'm still working on the shopping cart. However if you go through as if you are paying via paypal you will see a link on the paypal page for non-paypal members. You can then use any major credit card without having to be a paypal member. Hope that helps, if not let me know.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,

I had my usual problem. "This credit card is associated with a pay-pal account - please log in to your paypal account" - but it is an old account for which I cannot recall the password and that has an email address I had to abandon due to spam, so stalemate.

This really drives me nuts about paypal!!!

But, I managed to borrow another credit card so I got there in the end.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had a similar problem with paypal.

I emailed them, and asked to completely close my account, (account was assciated with an email from an old job) and then waited a few weeks, and re-opened a new account

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    paybycash.com is a possible solution....

I was just having a conversation about this a few days ago with the CEO of GoPets, an online game company. Competitor Nexon is now selling prepaid cards at Target. GoPets has suggested using 7-11 as a venue for somilar cards. The idea is common overseas and would work, in the US, very similarly to iTubes gift cards. Basically, it becomes a sort of pre-paid paypla/visa card. Go into the store, buy the card, the cashier activates it at the time of purchase, copy the reg# into Paypal or whaever the spoonsor website, and they send the money to Sean. Simple and relatively fast.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin