Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,503   Online: 951

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Members of the Membership Council don't have moderator powers on the site but they serve as a kind of advisory board to Sean and the moderators. If they see a problem that the moderators haven't noticed or something that could be improved, they can bring it to our attention in a few different ways (though these are things that anyone on the site could do as well). Importantly, they serve as a sounding board on the rare occasion when we have some particularly difficult membership issue that would be inappropriate to air in the public forums.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Members of the Membership Council don't have moderator powers on the site but they serve as a kind of advisory board to Sean and the moderators.
    Cool. When were the elections?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb View Post
    The council was appointed by Sean and the moderators team.

The original announcement is here:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum38/4...p-council.html
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb View Post
    Wow, whats wrong with us? The council has shown itself to be very good and not an echo chamber, but elections for moderator, and council would seem to be an excellent way to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Wow, whats wrong with us? The council has shown itself to be very good and not an echo chamber, but elections for moderator, and council would seem to be an excellent way to go.
    Since this is Sean's site, and he is spending the money to run it, I don't necessarily think we need to have elections. (Would we get very useful participation? Many people on here don't have the time or the familiarity with the members to decide who would best be a moderator or councillor.)

Sean seems open-minded and if there were an issue with selection of people for these positions, I am sure he would listen to constructive criticism.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the community works very well with the current moderators and council members; therefore I see no reason to make any changes in the foreseeable future unless someone wants out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hold on folks, I'm not trying to start a revolution. Maybe I made assumptions about the term 'council'. It looks more like our wonderful house of lords and if it works why change it?

One minor point, Photojim, I pay Sean to run this site, as do many others.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There ain't no Lords in this house.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shop at Wal-Mart, markbb, but I don't get a vote on their Board of Directors.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also think the moderators and council that Sean has chosen have done an excellent job of keeping the site going and dealing with difficult issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin