Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,311   Online: 951

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    I shop at Wal-Mart, markbb, but I don't get a vote on their Board of Directors.
    Buy a share.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    I also think the moderators and council that Sean has chosen have done an excellent job of keeping the site going and dealing with difficult issues.
    So do I. I'm merely enquiring into the status of posters and the governance of this site.

I see myself in the same situation as a subscriber to a newspaper, journal, magazine, etc. I like the content ( hence I renew), yet I'm curious how things are run on a day-to-day basis. It would appear that there are a bunch of people who have been appointed by the owner of the site to keep things in check. Once again I have no issue with the concept (after all, I can always choose not to pay for another years subscription if I so choose), I'm just curious. Is that wrong?

For what its worth, I was a member of a much smaller on-line subscription service (Ole will be familiar with it) that ultimately failed. I hope the same doesn't happen here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

everything seems to be running ok right now (sort of an anarcho-syndaclist commune where its taken in turn to be a sort of executive officer of the day ... help help I'm being repressed ;-)
    Theory: you understand why it should work but it doesn't
    Practice: it works but you have no idea how
    Here theory and practice meet, things don't work and I don't know why
    Homepages: here Blog: here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin