Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,012   Online: 719

Page 1 of 21 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New Yearly Subscription Service

SUPPORT APUG.ORG WITH A YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION

APUG generates expense through domain name registration, server hosting, software rental, software purchases, time in managing the community, and time in administering the software. Subscribing is the best way to ensure APUG will be with us for the long haul. A yearly subscription is only mandatory for gallery access & to post classified ads. Shortly after you subscribe your site designation as a "Member" will automatically change to "Subscriber", and you will have full access to the Gallery . There are no varying levels of subscription on the site. Members are either listed as a "Member" or "Subscriber". Subscriptions start at $1 US a month. There are two payment methods, online payment and payment by check:

The total expenses for the new site were around $1200US dollars, plus 100's of hours of work on my part. I'm hoping we can get atleast 100 subscriptions to offset this.

Click here to go to your subscription page for all the details. Thanks for your support!
    Last edited by Sean; 08-14-2010 at 06:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    fyi- Those who have recently donated using the old method will be added to the Subscriber group soon. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sean; 05-21-2004 at 06:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    Guys & Gals,

Sean has put a tremendous amount of work in to the new site, and I am sure all of these neat modules cost a pretty penny. (notice there is no vendor information under anything, those licenses cost add up quickly) It's time for everyone to pony up. Come on guys, $12 a year!

That's 1/4 a tank of gas (Thanks California )
    6 Sheets of 8x10 film
    1 Lunch
    2 Bottles of Rodinal
    4 Bottles of my Wife's favorite screw top wine!

You get the point
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I agree 100% with Brian.

I am waiting for an eCheck to clear and be deposited into my PayPal account. As soon as the funds are available I will be subscribing.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys

The main difference with cost is we have moved away from open source software. You can still 'edit' the code, but the core software requires a one off payment plus yearly subscription fees (forums, gallery, chat, etc). There was a big hit in purchasing all of the apps (but next year only a maintenance fee is required which is much better). I know people were probably content with the old site and didn't really "ask" for this new site so it's wrong for me to expect people to subscribe. I can only hope members enjoy the overall experience enough to consider it worth subscribing to and I have made the fee as low as possible.
    There were two main reasons for moving to paid software:
    1. More functionality
    2. Ease of administration (which was becoming an increasing burden on me -but with the new software a weight has been lifted).

Thanks again, Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another thing about paid software, you have support if they have a glitch in their code. Now who would be good to act as a pitbull if they don't preform well with their software? HMMMMMMM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gee Aggie, I have no idea which Danish Redhead coould possibly be described as a "pitbull"

John
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    Shouldn`t you put a subscribe button on the main page? I could not find a way to subscribe until I came back to this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Shouldn`t you put a subscribe button on the main page? I could not find a way to subscribe until I came back to this thread.
    Good point Jorge, I guess most people use the "new posts" link so they don't see the main forums, in the main forums list is the subscription forum. I'll work something out, thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Subscription numbers are increasing, this is a HUGE relief, thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far

Page 1 of 21 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin