Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,353   Online: 1139

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I didn't see a "feedback thread" for this exchange.

I received a very nice print from John, showing Douglas Lake Range. I really love the peaceful mood that "flows" from this landscape, thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My group two prints are now winging their way west.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Laurent, glad you like the picture. Sorry my writing is so bad, but it's actually taken on the Douglas Lake Ranch, one of the largest cattle ranches in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I didn't see a "feedback thread" for this exchange.

I received a very nice print from John, showing Douglas Lake Range. I really love the peaceful mood that "flows" from this landscape, thanks !
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    Hi Laurent, glad you like the picture. Sorry my writing is so bad, but it's actually taken on the Douglas Lake Ranch, one of the largest cattle ranches in North America.
    Your writing is MUCH better than my reading you actually wrote RANCH and I read RANGE... Need to change my glasses I'm afraid !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I received John's lovely print as well. Thank you! I've been in the darkroom all week working, but only have work prints so far. For some reason, I decided to use a brand new paper (Ilford MG Art 300) *and* print a very tricky negative. Must be the masochist in me. The Art 300 is beautiful paper and worth the effort--I've figured out the density and contrast changes from toning and drydown. If all goes well I should have my prints ready in about a week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received a first print for this exchange from Loren Sattler. I love the snow scene! Living in western Oregon we very rarely see the snow, and I miss it so much! Great point of view and very interesting scene.
    Thank you very much.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you Loren, I like your print--very nice composition. I finished my prints tonight--woohoo! Had to abandon my original negative, but found another one I like a lot. If I can get some envelopes tomorrow, you'll all get your prints soon.

--Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just received an envelope today containing two prints from paul_c5x4: my first arrival from this exchange. I won't spoil them for the rest of the group, but both images are drastically different, each wonderful in its own way, and I love the contrasting choices of papers too.

I just shipped out my own prints earlier this week, so they should be hitting their destinations anytime now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Group 3 people

I am running a little late on the printing front due to having to manage (sort of) building works at the moment. I am hoping to be able to print this week-end as the tests were done, and I thought through my printing exploration.

I received a print from Loren. Loren printed a view from a cabin on a Lake with some reeds, and some trees in the background, all very moody, as it is a misty morning. By far, the best print that I have received in a long time. Very atmospheric, I like the fact that the tonality holds throughout, and the contrast is just right. For a small print, may be it is a little big :-), this said I really like the long landscape format. Could the oil from the noise (or back of the ear) have done the trick to tune down the scratches? A print to frame.

Best

Delphine
    Last edited by delphine; 04-04-2012 at 11:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My prints are in the mail. Yay! I did stretch the definition of "traditional" a bit. Please forgive me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin