Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,278   Posts: 1,534,847   Online: 744

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin, it does open ones eyes. I've received so many little prints (postcards) that I'd never have thought of or seen without the exchange. Definetly opens ones mind to a world of possibilites. It's a good way to improve your printing as you want to be consistent (well I do) and decent, knowing your audience is a bunch of other photog's who'll be examining the postcards pretty closely. It's also pretty hard to print that small, makes 8x10s a breeze in the burning and dodging stakes! I've been pretty conservative (subjects) in the cards I have sent, probably time to time to send some that are more adventurous, a reflection what I generally photograph... I might have to write on it 'this way up'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With Ilford discontinuing the postcard stock paper, I checked out a few things as replacements. They also sell 4x6 inch RC paper. This is just 1/4" larger on each side than the present postcards. I can check to see how much a stamp would be to stamp the backs ourselves to make them look like postcards.

The other thing that is a possibility is to ask J&C if they could find a supplier of postcard stock for us. They have always listened to us, and tried to find us suppliers.

BTW, tomtom and I were out to lunch on Wednesday when my batch was put in the mailbox, by her. So all should be shortly receiving mine.

I love getting all the postcards. My mail lady has asked so many questions about them. She has a handicapped son, who she wants to get started in photography. She thinks the postcards would be an excellent way for him to send little bits of his work to friends and family. So you never know who you will influence by sending out those cards.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hm....maybe some of us could send him postcards??? What do you think?

(BTW - I am loving getting all these postcards! I've already started a photo album for them! )
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Hm....maybe some of us could send him postcards??? What do you think?
    I was thinking the same thing. Aggie if you could get his address and PM it to those of us interested that would be great!

I've received about 1/2 doz so far and they are beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be in that too (the postcard to the mail ladies son.. send us his name too and we can personalise them)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM the address to me and I'll add him as well. Mine haven't gone out yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to do that too.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    PM the address to me and I'll add him as well. Mine haven't gone out yet.
    Same here.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Card Exchange Tradition

I thought all you post-card proliferators might be interested in these "alternative process" postcards:

While not photographic, these leather postcards dating from the 1905-1908 period were exchanged between my grandmother and her friends. The "image" sides are mostly hand-painted or inked scenes done by the exchange participants on the (apparently) commercially-available leather card stock.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    With Ilford discontinuing the postcard stock paper, I checked out a few things as replacements. They also sell 4x6 inch RC paper. This is just 1/4" larger on each side than the present postcards. I can check to see how much a stamp would be to stamp the backs ourselves to make them look like postcards.
    As someone outside of this group, but one who will shortly ask to join in, I have been wondering about a replacement paper. I think the 4x6 paper you refer to may be too thin for the rigors of the postal system. I once saw advertised self-adhesive labels of that size which were printed with the postcard markings. They had the claimed additional advantage of stiffening the paper as well as accepting writing ink better than R/C paper does. Has anyone else come across these?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin