Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,233   Online: 1109

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Revitalised POSTCARD EXCHANGE Group

Over the last few weeks I've mailed and PM'd all participants of the postcard list asking for their reconfirmation to stay on the list. Several people have decided to have a break, others didn't reply so have been dropped off the list. Everyone who replied to confirm should recieve an email (straight after I post this!) inviting them to discuss the format of the exchange here.

Anyone not on the list should move on and read something else I suppose!

So, Postcarders, how do we want to proceed.

Previously, we pretty much operated on a 'you sent me one, I'll send you one back' basis. Initally everyone seemed to send everyone else a card but that didn't seem to continue when some cards weren't returned. Personally, I've sent 131 cards and received 91 back (not including Aggies mega Farm posting).

During the reconfirmation phase it was suggested we might try have 'rounds' Everyone would print enough cards to send one to everyone else (19 people on the revised list, so would be 18 cards at the moment) and this would occur in an agreed cycle (monthly, every second month, whatever)

Do we want to try that, or does anyone else have a suggestion? If it's the 'rounds' method, can we agree on a timeframe?

Over to you...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, that's good. I have about 20-odd cards ready to send, but was waiting to print another 20 or so with the old list.

I think the irregular method was okay until everyone just got too occupied with other things, the other print exchanges, neg exchange, traveling portfolio, and such. I don't know if it makes sense to try to coordinate these things with each other, or if that would just be madness.

Maybe a round every two months or so would work.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Think I may have about 20 cards ready to go as well. I agree with David, the irregular method was working. I was thinking that a round per quarter might work, that seems to be what happened with the print exchange anyhow. Of the 30 plus cards I sent out when I joined got 3 back (most were from Down-Under, if I recall) so I hope the others made it.

Like the idea of a mini-exchange - for one it does keep me focused on printing, and will encourage me to keep going out to do more. Besides, I like getting the cards in the mail - always a nice surprise.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would like to see this Post-Card List continue. One round every ODD month would be great. However I am happy to go with the flow, Cheers Barrie B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it is good also. When I first joined the last group, I sent a bunch out and got one back (from Nige) so I did get a bit d[color=black]isillusioned[/color].

Looking forward to giving it another try.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm taking a break until I get in the darkroom mood again, but I'll be back!

My main prroblem now is a shortage of new small negatives, 18x24cm is too big for postcards
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to continue the postcard exchange but for the couple I sent I've received 6 since February. I've seen threads discussing various postcards that I did not receive so I felt the list had become selective which it may be.

I guess nobody's obligated to send to the whole list but it sure dampens the spirit to participate. I will commit to four cards a year to the full list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    I guess nobody's obligated to send to the whole list but it sure dampens the spirit to participate. I will commit to four cards a year to the full list.
    Perhaps this smaller sized list will make it more practical to send to everyone. Would very much like to see some of your work Bruce. I'm gonna forget my last experience and send a postcard to everyone.
    So I expect one back from everyone too ..... yes ALL the way to New Zealand!!!!
    Best, John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't send any yet... we need to 1st come to an agreement I think.

so, do we want to try 'rounds' and if that doesn't work, go back to 'you sent me one, I'll send you one'... and once that falls into a hole we can close it down altogether!

Look at my numbers... some people have been slack! I won't name names.. yet Since it's been running, I could have counted on one hand the number of people I actually owed a card too, rather than initiating the exchange.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll go with whatever is decided, but I like the idea off "rounds".

Jim
    Last edited by JMoore; 11-08-2004 at 11:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin