Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,112   Online: 946

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

THE LIST - IN PROGRESS

This is my idea to rid the world, as well as myself, of photographers block. I know there are other threads specifically devoted to photographers block but this is more of an idea thread. If you don't think this thread is appropriate in this subforum please let me know (as I am new here).

To be clear users are encouraged to post to the list as well as your results/experiences with an entry.
    Anyone may add to the list!

The rules (guide lines):
    1. An entry on the list must be physically possible and cannot break international - local laws (vandalism, trespassing, murder, etc.)
    2. An entry may be distorted, twisted or followed to any degree.
    3. A brief reponse is encouraged after each entry is completed or is being worked on (this may give someone else inspiration).
    4. The entry must be creative in some way. (A "self-portrait" must be a "self-portrait with a twist").
    5. An entry must be understandable -- no gibberish or random words clumped into a sentance to form an idea (I've seen people do this).
    6. An entry may demand specificity with regared to how it may be interpreted.
    7. The list is intended as an inspirational tool.
    8. Do not post the list on any other forum, please.

THE LIST:
    • Photograph the moon. Photograph on the moon (not literally, but think about how you can do this in your space).
    • Self-portrait using more than one reflection.
    • Noses and Ears.
    • Objects that are flat.
    • Sets of things.
    • Repetition of shape.
    • Using motion to create structure.
    • Mixing materials that aren't usually mixed (milk and motor oil for example).
    • Isolation in purpose. Concentrate on how an object interacts unlike objects.
    • "from concentrate." As seen on juice contrainers (juice from concentrate).

The only way for this thread to grow in value (for everyone) is to contribute. No idea is too rediculous or absurd (within the rules).
    I'm hoping this will become an endless list that one can get lost in for hours.

Let the fun begin?
    Last edited by matthew001; 02-07-2012 at 12:02 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: update

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am sorry, it has been a long day, I have read this three times and still confused, is the goal for us to do an item in the above list and post it here? Or to build a longer list as you have started with a few? Or both 1) folks would post their results and 2) possibly post suggestions to add to the list? I appreciate your post and working to engage folks!
    Last edited by zsas; 02-06-2012 at 11:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Make question more clear
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    I have read this three times and still confused, is the goal for us to do an item in the above list and post it here? Or to build a longer list as you have started with a few? Or both 1) folks would post their results and 2) possibly post suggestions to add to the list? I appreciate your post and working to engage folks!
    I'm sorry. I have refined the original post in order to prevent confusion.
    Last edited by matthew001; 02-06-2012 at 11:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: terrible spelling

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Have you seen the common camera terms in other languages thread? The requirement to add an item to the list is one needs to copy the list above and add their term to the list, that way one needs to only check the last posting to see the "current list", that might work here? Will ponder the above, like your energy!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    one needs to only check the last posting to see the "current list", that might work here?
    I like this idea. It will allow for, essentially, 'rapid' updates. Lets see what others think. Thank you for your input, very much appreciated.
    Last edited by matthew001; 02-06-2012 at 11:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling error

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    THE LIST:
    •Photograph the moon. Photograph on the moon (not literally, but think about how you can do this in your space).
    •Self-portrait using more than one reflection.
    •Noses and Ears.
    •Objects that are flat.
    •Sets of things.
    •Repetition of shape.
    •Using motion to create structure.
    •Mixing materials that aren't usually mixed (milk and motor oil for example).
    •Isolation in purpose. Concentrate on how an object interacts unlike objects.
    •"from concentrate." As seen on juice contrainers (juice from concentrate).
    •water/ice flowing in directions, patterns or ways that are rare, incongruous, impossible or at least hard to imagine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    THE LIST:
    •Photograph the moon. Photograph on the moon (not literally, but think about how you can do this in your space).
    •Noses and Ears.
    •Objects that are flat.
    •Sets of things.
    •Repetition of shape.
    •water/ice flowing in directions, patterns or ways that are rare, incongruous, impossible or at least hard to imagine.

•Self portrait study. 1 roll of film. 1 picture per day until the roll is used up or until you find some inspiration. Different location or situation every day.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    THE LIST:
    •Noses and Ears.
    •Objects that are flat.
    •Sets of things.
    •Repetition of shape.
    •Self portrait study. 1 roll of film. 1 picture per day until the roll is used up or until you find some inspiration. Different location or situation every day.

•A day in the life - photograph one day in your life from when you get up to going to bed (my first assignment at college)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    THE LIST:
    •Noses and Ears.
    •Objects that are flat.
    •Sets of things.
    •Repetition of shape.
    •A day in the life - photograph one day in your life from when you get up to going to bed (my first assignment at college)

•Contain vs. Imprison
    •Distort the space you are in. Play with the relationship between foreground and background (flatten the space).
    Last edited by matthew001; 02-07-2012 at 04:37 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: edit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    THE LIST:
    •Noses and Ears.
    •Objects that are flat.
    •Sets of things.
    •Repetition of shape.
    •Contain vs. Imprison
    •Distort the space you are in. Play with the relationship between foreground and background (flatten the space).

•"Domicile." This is a college project that is assigned in an upper level course to capture the space you live in and to understand what connects you to that space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin