Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,753   Online: 912

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    a friend of mine shot about 35 sheets of 5x7 color so he said. he also shot about 50 sheets of b/w so he said.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Great Experience

I think I was the newest to LF on that trip. I don't even have a camera yet. Everyone was wonderful and I was able to tag along with several people (Sean, Matt, Per, Aggie, Sharon, Rob) and see how everyone makes their images. Aggie even loaned me her Wista for the day at the ghost town! I think the highlight was shooting 6 sheets of 8x10 with Rob on my last day. How cool was that?!

It was a pleasure hauling people's gear and I learned more than I could process. Thanks to everyone for being so nice

I'll be back next year with a camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    a friend of mine shot about 35 sheets of 5x7 color so he said. he also shot about 50 sheets of b/w so he said.

lee\c
    Thanks Lee. I was curious if someone shooting color would feel out of place, in case, I decide to attend a workshop in the future.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist
    I think the highlight was shooting 6 sheets of 8x10 with Rob on my last day. How cool was that?!
    There is just something relaxing and soothing about shooting LF. After shooting 35mm for 30 years, I recently switched almost exclusively to 4X5 and have no desire to shoot anything else.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist
    I think I was the newest to LF on that trip. I don't even have a camera yet. Everyone was wonderful and I was able to tag along with several people (Sean, Matt, Per, Aggie, Sharon, Rob) and see how everyone makes their images. Aggie even loaned me her Wista for the day at the ghost town! I think the highlight was shooting 6 sheets of 8x10 with Rob on my last day. How cool was that?!

It was a pleasure hauling people's gear and I learned more than I could process. Thanks to everyone for being so nice

I'll be back next year with a camera.
    Welcome to apug Allan. BTW it was a wisner not wista. I figured out what happened to those negatives with the spot. I have to send them to you. I appreciated all the help you gave me. I nailed all the reciprocity shots without the spot meter. If it hadn't been for you, I would have relied to heavily on the spot meter, and not trusted my instincts.

Robert, I shot two rolls of color. One had a yellow filter on, which I forgot to take off. Since it is negative film not slide, I hope it can be fixed. Sharon did a bunch of time zero color shots that she manipulated. We ran the gamut of mediums and film types.
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    so who is the menacing tourist? How about an introduction.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "Menacing Tourist"=Alan="Sven, the Sherpa"...he was the LF newbie in the group and it was really great how everyone worked with him on their cameras...it only shows how photographers can be great in many ways!!!

S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    so who is the menacing tourist? How about an introduction.
    I refered to him as Sven the Sherpa. A great guy!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Aggie and Per for the wonderful weekend. I know I enjoyed being out there. Aggie.... Grafton is a remarkable place. I had seen it about 12 years ago when the restoration had just begun. It was a real mess then. Glad to see the restoration so well done.

I shot some color after a long time in B+W only. It is hard not to shoot something in color when the leaves have turned so beautiful in the fall. Those red rocks are pretty also.....

I just started processing my B+W work today.

Hope to see you all in J-Tree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As long as my school schedule doesn't interfere I will definitley be at the next week long workshop as I have enough points for a free flight and a hotel room! So if someone wants to pick me up from the airport and share the room we could probably work something out...
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin