Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,095   Online: 1061

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Robert, if yours is a Coopers or VB, I'll drink one for you. If you're planning to have a Fosters, I'll give it to John for you ...
    Hah!! If you Aussies won't drink that stuff, I can guarantee I won't either. Fosters tastes too much like American beers; I prefer something with a bit more body. Coopers or VB will be just fine.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just checking with my Tour Director also.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD
    Should I make the trip down from Sydney for at most, 2 days. Hmmm...
    Yes.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jan. 2 sounds fine. How do we get the details?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Jan. 2 sounds fine. How do we get the details?
    Hi David.

You'll need to wait for the details - I haven't made them up yet!!!

We're waiting on various tour directors to give final approval before the date is finalised. Once that's done, we'll be able to make times and locations become a reality.

Watch this space ......
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi David.
    We're waiting on various tour directors to give final approval before the date is finalised. Once that's done, we'll be able to make times and locations become a reality.
    I have provisional approval from my tour director. One of my workmates is a big fan of rangefinderforum.com and when I mentioned the possible meeting to him he said he may be in as well. He's a film fan like us, so it's a potential two from SYD at this stage. We both would need to be back at work on Tuesday, so Sat/Sun works for us....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been given the ok too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am yet to check with my tour director but will give provisional approval on her behalf.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Okay, it looks like we have a chorum for the 2nd of January.

What would you guys like to do? Sit, drink and boast? Go shooting, drinking and boasting? Compare prints? Compare equipment? (".... my format's bigger than yours. You call that a camera? This is a camera!").

I'm easy either way. I would prefer to either shoot or sit, drink and tell tall tails.

Once we've decided what we're doing, we can decide on a venue.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What would you guys like to do? Sit, drink and boast? Go shooting, drinking and boasting? Compare prints? Compare equipment? (".... my format's bigger than yours. You call that a camera? This is a camera!").
    Cheers,
    My vote:
    1. Shooting, as I have not been to Melb for a couple of years. (followed by, or preceded by)
    2. Eat, Drink, chat, be Merry.
    3. Would be VERY interested to see how a LF rig works as I've never used one or known anyone who has one.

The good thing is that any of these could be done as a group, or if the group consensus is to just Eat, Drink, chat, be Merry, then I could go shoot on my own before or after the group stuff.

One other thought: Would it be worth arranging an online chat here on APUG for those thinking of attending? Much quicker to make decisions real time. We'd need to set a date/time for the chat session.

Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree, a little bit of shooting would be good. And I too would love to see how a LF rig works, as it's also very new to me.

There are probably several possible venues where we could shoot and not be too far away from food and drink establishments.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin