Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,904   Online: 956

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

What happened to the idea about an Apug Conference?

Is anyone doing any work towards the idea? Was it all just talk? I'm not seeing an updated thread around.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I would like to see one here in May Toronto 2006 - in conjunction with our annual Contact Photographic Festival. I have space for printing workshops that some of the Leading Experts on this Forum could teach, as well a gallery space to donate , for the best of APUGers Show.

Next year is too soon to plan as far as I am concerned , but I would definately be willing to offer up my Facility here in Toronto as a base for a conference.

Toronto is a wonderful city, good restauraunts , lots of photographic shows in May (over 100) and a good transportation system.
    As well there is a very strong and vibrant photographic community here to draw on for support for such a venture.

Well??? What do you think

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It went no where since no one could decide on where, and when to hold it. Most of all, it would need to be scheduled such that Sean could make it to the event. Beyond that, there was quite a bit of interest.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An APUG conference would be great. But, there is a significant amount of work involved in organizing one, as well as a significant financial risk involved in most cases. Depending on the desired scale of the event, the advance effort might easily be virtually a full-time job for one or more people. (Been there, done that - although for high tech, not photo.)
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    I would like to see one here in May Toronto 2006 - in conjunction with our annual Contact Photographic Festival. I have space for printing workshops that some of the Leading Experts on this Forum could teach, as well a gallery space to donate , for the best of APUGers Show.

Next year is too soon to plan as far as I am concerned , but I would definately be willing to offer up my Facility here in Toronto as a base for a conference.

Toronto is a wonderful city, good restauraunts , lots of photographic shows in May (over 100) and a good transportation system.
    As well there is a very strong and vibrant photographic community here to draw on for support for such a venture.

Well??? What do you think
    I'm in. I love Toronto...
    Bob has a great space.
    Just pick a weekend, do a call for entries pictures and booths. Make everyone responsible for themselves and do all the planing on line by mass commitee.

oh never mind some one will volunteer me to do work..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe if we called it a get together instead of conference we could approach it without as many worries.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey a conference is a wonderful idea and I volunteer John *mr callow* to head everything up.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Hey a conference is a wonderful idea and I volunteer John *mr callow* to head everything up.
    No Problem I'll be Pres. and I elect Bob Carnie as VP.

Go get busy Bob We're all counting on you.

Images
    Toronto? So when I get across the border, I just ask how to get to the Capitol. Right?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Toronto? So when I get across the border, I just ask how to get to the Capitol. Right?
    Wow, I was laughing so hard I just about peed my pants!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin