Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,372   Online: 796

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    All of my prints are out, and all have arrived. Group 3, you sure do some fine work. All of them will be framed on the wall. Thanks to all, and I can't wait to do this again. Please let me know when the next one come up.
    Rick Lanning
    Retired Crime Scene Photog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, your very nice 'dog door' print is now framed and hanging beside Delphine's.
    The Rocks print has not yet found a place for display, although I like it also.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Group 3 people.

Sorry for not posting earlier as I was on holiday, and swamped since my return on Monday.

Mike - I am happy that you cut down the print to size, it was the intend.

Paul - Thank you very much for both prints. The Venice door is a wonderful image per se, very very subtle. An eye candy and an eye learner. The muted blacks and the tight contrast complements beautifully the careful composition. There is a slight blue black hue to it. It wins my heart, it is on my desk at the moment, and eventually it will be on a wall at home. Thank YOU.
    Also, it's the first time I see this paper in the flesh (Lodima) - I feel like doing myself a pre-Christmas treat

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Pleased that my prints got to their destinations so quick and enjoyed by the recipients

Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    Also, it's the first time I see this paper in the flesh (Lodima) - I feel like doing myself a pre-Christmas treat
    It is a slow paper, and I do mean slow - I was doing eight minute exposures just to get a contact print and having done that, I wouldn't even want to consider an enlargement.. Need to make a proper exposure box with some big lamps so that I can get down to 30 second exposures before I use any more of the Lodima paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's what I read in your letter Paul. What kind of enlarger do you have? you meantioned 100W. I think that I have 300W halogen lamps x 2 in my enlarger head (Ilford multigrade), so may be that would do ?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A 150W opal lamp projecting a nominal 6" square on to the base board through a 150mm lens - That's the best I could do with my Durst L1200. I have a few high power quartz halogen lamps kicking around, but as always, not enough time to play.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received an excellent print from Andrew Roos (Group 4). Very nice work, Andrew. Thank you so much.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Small Print Exchange - round 3

That's all three of my prints received. It's been a really good experience. I've got new pictures for my walls and have had the chance to learn from the different approaches to printmaking the others have made.
    A great success for me. Here's to round 4!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomDan View Post
    Today I received an excellent print from Andrew Roos (Group 4). Very nice work, Andrew. Thank you so much.

Dan
    I received Andrew's print a few days ago. Very nice work indeed, thank you !

I still have to produce a satisfying print for the exchange, things do not come as expected.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think that some of us aren't managing to produce prints within the time allotted, myself included. I am wondering whether it is worth to tag ourselves as either "slow" and "fast" printer. The slow ones being more "lax" around the due date.
    The reason I am saying that, is that some people may be would get frustrated having sent a print within the time frame and not receiving one, whereas some others for personal or professional reasons are managing to print only randomly, if the result expected is not obtained, it prolongs even further the time frame.
    At the same time it is good to have a deadline to aim for, otherwise thing don't happen, but if we were flagging ourselves as slow / fast, then the expectations are set.
    I used to be able to be one of the first ones to submit at print exchanges, but nowadays my commitments are different, and I am realizing that I can't always stick to the submission window. I am very committed to what I do and therefore would always submit a print if I register to a print exchange, but I'd rather remove the pressure of potentially being chased up.

Not sure what you guys think, that's my two cents anyway.

Dee
    Last edited by delphine; 11-01-2012 at 08:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin