Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,153   Online: 980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

January 2005 - APUG Photo Challenge

The APUG Photo Challenge is a monthly bash where members go and make a photograph fitting a given theme and upload the result to the APUG Challenge Gallery (towards the bottom of the page on the Galleries menu). The original idea came from APUG member (and B&WP UK editor) Ailsa who said (in part):

"I was pondering the other day that I often produce my best work when given a brief or a project, whereas when an idea is self-imposed, I tend to just float around it and not really knuckle down. So I got to thinking, how about setting up an APUG photographic challenge thread?"

"The themes can be as open or as specific as you like, within reason - obviously there wouldn't be much point in telling me to photograph a tree in Yosemite, unless the person setting the challenge was willing to pay my air fare and accommodation..."

"...it could be a great opportunity to break out of our usual styles and try something completely different."

And so, the theme for this month has been selected as :-

"A self portrait that says something about where you live. That could mean your house, your street, your city, whatever. " as suggested by Andrew Moodie.

Yes, I don't like getting in front of the lens either... ...but that's the point; to try something new!

Closing date is, as always, the 10th of next month. Let's see what you can do!

Around the start of next month we'll start a new thread to discuss the theme for February's Challenge.

All the best,

Frank

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the new thread with the info! I never kept up with the old challenges since they got lost in that huge thread...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think having a thread per challenge is a good idea, and we may get more participants. Going through that long thread was getting a little tedious. Can we link the gallery to the new thread each month, rather than leading folks to that long thread?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy
    I think having a thread per challenge is a good idea, and we may get more participants. Going through that long thread was getting a little tedious. Can we link the gallery to the new thread each month, rather than leading folks to that long thread?
    Ditto. What she said.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OHhhh, was that the thread about? Yah, I didn't even bother looking at it. This it the internet--I have very low attention span

And so, the theme for this month has been selected as :-

"A self portrait that says something about where you live. That could mean your house, your street, your city, whatever. " as suggested by Andrew Moodie.
    I'm game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the new link Frank .... yep I'm game for a scary pic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BUMP .... this bringing this one back into view

Images
    Is it OK to post nudes in this challenge?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Is it OK to post nudes in this challenge?
    I'm going to regret saying this but yep as long as they are of yourself for the next challenge. This challenge is getting very scary

Images
    Wait'll you get a load of my environmental self-portrait: "Moonrise over Mahwah, NJ."
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin