Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,397   Online: 1116

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Point Pelee Printing Party, Spring 2013

OK... I've been mulling this over for quite some time now, and have written draft after draft on this, but it's not going to happen unless I get brave and hit send on this.

Here's my question... Is there anyone out there within a couple of hours' drive from Winsdor/Essex/Point Pelee Ontario who is interested in getting together to share darkroom time and do some printing in a stranger's darkroom? I am offering my humble darkroom (and liquor cabinet) for anyone who is interested in stepping outside your comfort zone and sharing your unique knowledge with others. Apart from one two-hour workshop a decade ago and a couple of semesters when my daughter took a photography class, I have never had the opportunity to share printing time with others and learn with and from others.

This is my rationale: There are lots of get-togethers, print exchanges, etc., but very few opportunities for photographers to get together and actually print. Events like Photostock are invigorating and inspiring, (and the highlight of my year) but every year, I find myself coming home with a backlog of film to process and print, and a quickly-fading memory of the hints and tricks and tips I shared with others during that weekend. Is there a value to others to uproot from the comfort of your darkroom and create some prints with others? There are a couple of local non-APUG-ers who may be interested, so that is a start.

If you are interested, let me know. If you think this is an unworkable concept, let me know as well, and offer suggestions as to how to make this work.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Tom,

I am over in Ann Arbor, two hours away, and would be interested.
    provia_17@yahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, I am just testing the waters for the time being. I will give this awhile to see if I get some more responses, but I can see this working even with two or three people. (too many more might be difficult anyway)
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin