Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,617   Online: 1012

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats
    Okay How about a theme around the ever disappraring train stations. Trains used to be the way to travel not so much any more. What so you think ????
    I believe in certain countries they would arrest you as a terrorist suspect if they see you around train stations.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm
    Never thought of that. I have been shooting around train stations for years and no one has ever asked any questions. But you are right Canada is different than a lot of countries. My next suggestion would be ghost towns. We sure do have a lot of those around or even the lost of farm land in countries where ever you live. Things like barns are disappearing at a rate faster than most of us care to omit.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, thanks for pointing me toward the (yet another) thread that included the actual decision on the February Challenge. I have an idea already, just have to figure out how to set it up and photograph it (and hopefully not have to figure out how to print it without my darkroom being ready yet). Based on the last one, due date is Feb 10 -- do we just post to the Challenge Gallery?
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay. Here's a brief rundown of the APUG Challenge situation as of 26 Jan 2005. I'm cross-posting this in all related threads in an attempt to clear up the apparent confusion.

The original APUG Challenge thread was getting too long for easy browsing, so (by request) I set up a specific thread for the January Challenge. This was well received, but the timescale was felt to be too short for some people to put something together and the theme was presented more or less as a fait accompli.

To address these problems I started a February Challenge Suggestions thread and, once a goodly number of suggestions had been received, a February Challenge poll so that people could choose what they wanted to do. (I would have combined these two, but I don't think you can turn an existing thread into a poll...).

The situation now is:

January Challenge
    Theme - "A self-portrait which says something about where you live"
    Closing date - 10 Feb

February Challenge
    Theme - "Light can be dark"
    Closing date - 10 Mar

All submissions should be posted in the Challenge Gallery by the appropriate closing date.

I propose creating a new March Suggestions thread followed by a March poll in a couple of weeks time (unless I lose the will to live in the meantime!). If anyone has any better ideas for how to organise the Challenge then please either PM me or post the suggestions in the original APUG Challenge thread. If people would rather someone else organised it, that's fine with me too.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My submission for the Feb photo challenge "Light can be Dark" :
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...cat=508&page=1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin