Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,044   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

APUG Photo Challenge - Suggestions for Feb 2005

The APUG Photo Challenge is a monthly bash where members go and make a photograph fitting a given theme and upload the result to the APUG Challenge Gallery (towards the bottom of the page on the Galleries menu). The original idea came from APUG member (and B&WP UK editor) Ailsa who said (in part):

"I was pondering the other day that I often produce my best work when given a brief or a project, whereas when an idea is self-imposed, I tend to just float around it and not really knuckle down. So I got to thinking, how about setting up an APUG photographic challenge thread?"

"The themes can be as open or as specific as you like, within reason - obviously there wouldn't be much point in telling me to photograph a tree in Yosemite, unless the person setting the challenge was willing to pay my air fare and accommodation..."

"...it could be a great opportunity to break out of our usual styles and try something completely different."

The Challenge is currently running. Details of the January Challenge (closing date 10 Feb 2005 can be found here. The original Challenge thread (a big one!) can be found here. The Challenge Gallery can be found here.

What we need now are some good, imaginative suggestions for February's challenge (closing date 10 Mar 2005).

Let 'er rip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frank many thanks for this one. I think someone suggested last year "view through a window" which sounds to have lots of scope?

Images
    How about Nudes
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    How about Nudes
    <sigh> There's always one...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D@mn - beat me to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If we make it nudes through a window, it might prevent Brian being busted by the Police getting the challenge shot ..... ooops don't go there

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about "hanging"?

Loosely interpreted, this could mean plants, objects, or chronologically-deficient humanoids gathering at consumerism emporiums and mis-spending their youths.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    If we make it nudes through a window, it might prevent Brian being busted by the Police getting the challenge shot ..... ooops don't go there
    Nah, better not. He'll end up trying to beat a Peeping Tom rap!

Okay, enough of the wisecracks (of which I am probably more guilty than anyone else around here!), this thread was set up because the original challenge thread was too long.

Tony's suggestion: "view through a window"
    Brian's suggestion: "nudes"
    Ralph's suggestion: "hanging"

(Please nobody suggest to combine all three!) Let's have a few more and, in a day or so, set up a poll.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Nudes trough window

Nudes trough window
    That sounds interesting
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Found it ... the original window theme was suggested by our own John McCallum last year

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin