Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,839   Posts: 1,582,471   Online: 757

View Poll Results: What theme would you like for the Feb 2005 APUG Photo Challenge?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • View through a window

0 0%
  • Nudes

5 12.20%
  • Hanging

1 2.44%
  • Industrial Landscape

5 12.20%
  • Industrial Abstract

9 21.95%
  • Light can be Dark

17 41.46%
  • Line

3 7.32%
  • Castoffs

1 2.44%
  • Photogram / Rayogram

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    <bump>

Last call for votes on the preferred theme for the Feb 2005 Challenge. Poll closes tomorrow.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And the winner is... ..."Light Can Be Dark", a collaborative suggestion from Les McLean and Andrew Moodie (conclusively proving that they are both sadists and should never be allowed to collaborate again! ) Seeing everyone's different takes on this one should be very interesting!

Closing date for the Feb Challenge is Mar 10, entries to be posted at any time up to then in the Challenge Gallery.

...and don't forget the January Challenge currently running, themed "a self-portrait which says something about where you live". Closing date for that one is Feb 10.

Around this time next month I'll start up a suggestions thread for the March Challenge (unless someone beats me to it!) and we can go round the loop (or the bend!) again. If anyone has any suggestions to improve this method then feel free to post them here or on the original Challenge thread or (if you're shy and bashful) then feel free to PM me.

All the best,

Frank

Images
    I have no clue what this theme means. Maybe it is the mushy nature of my brain but I don't get it.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    There are too many threads concerning this. How about one thread not two or three. Just one.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The more recent threads were created because the original thread was so long that no one (especially the newbies) could be bothered wading through it. From feedback I've received, some people like this approach while others find it fragmented and confusing...

I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay. Here's a brief rundown of the APUG Challenge situation as of 26 Jan 2005. I'm cross-posting this in all related threads in an attempt to clear up the apparent confusion.

The original APUG Challenge thread was getting too long for easy browsing, so (by request) I set up a specific thread for the January Challenge. This was well received, but the timescale was felt to be too short for some people to put something together and the theme was presented more or less as a fait accompli.

To address these problems I started a February Challenge Suggestions thread and, once a goodly number of suggestions had been received, a February Challenge poll so that people could choose what they wanted to do. (I would have combined these two, but I don't think you can turn an existing thread into a poll...).

The situation now is:

January Challenge
    Theme - "A self-portrait which says something about where you live"
    Closing date - 10 Feb

February Challenge
    Theme - "Light can be dark"
    Closing date - 10 Mar

All submissions should be posted in the Challenge Gallery by the appropriate closing date.

I propose creating a new March Suggestions thread followed by a March poll in a couple of weeks time (unless I lose the will to live in the meantime!). If anyone has any better ideas for how to organise the Challenge then please either PM me or post the suggestions in the original APUG Challenge thread. If people would rather someone else organised it, that's fine with me too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    If people would rather someone else organised it, that's fine with me too.
    Your doing a fine job and I vote you Grand Pooba of all Challenge related issues. (I'm afraid someone might try to elect me to do it, so consider this a pre-emptive strike)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cool. I've never been a Pooba before. (Well, there was that one time, but...!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    Your doing a fine job and I vote you Grand Pooba of all Challenge related issues. (I'm afraid someone might try to elect me to do it, so consider this a pre-emptive strike)
    Hear, Hear!! I second this motion!! Put a Grand PooBah hat on that Bee!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB

I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.
    You missed the point, I meant only one thread per month. There was the other thread where the discussion started about february then this thread. I can't imagine the difficulty in doing one thread for february, then another thread for march and so on. Why a discussion and then a seperate thread all together for a vote?

I still do not understand the subject.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin