Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,855   Posts: 1,582,944   Online: 988

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Contre-jour(french) is a commonly used (photographically) term meaning 'Against the light' and is usually associated with shooting images with camera pointing towards the sun. Hope that helps
    Aha! Gegenlicht!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Aha! Gegenlicht!
    No Ole, teen die lig

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Decide! Decide! Decide!

The month is half over. How do we decide what to shoot?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo
    Someone just resurrected the "Locations done to excess" thread, and SchwinnParamount just pointed out a good Lenswork audio blog by Brooks Jensen (thanks SchwinnP). Jensen points out that no place has been overdone if it's the first time you've seen/photographed it...and that even Einstein said that he never would have gotten where he had if he hadn't "stood on the shoulders of giants"...so how about: "On the shoulders of giants" as a topic?
    This sounds interesting. Do you mean use tripod holes or do you mean our personal take on a photographic icon?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

In Podgorica, Montenegro, Serbia and Montenegro, Europe
    Shooter
    35mm

the rules

What are the rules for monthly competition? I am the new one. Can I take a part? Thank U

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by duel
    What are the rules for monthly competition? I am the new one. Can I take a part? Thank U
    Sure! Take a look at the first post in this thread for the concept.

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...2&page=1&pp=10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo
    Someone just resurrected the "Locations done to excess" thread, and SchwinnParamount just pointed out a good Lenswork audio blog by Brooks Jensen (thanks SchwinnP). Jensen points out that no place has been overdone if it's the first time you've seen/photographed it...and that even Einstein said that he never would have gotten where he had if he hadn't "stood on the shoulders of giants"...so how about: "On the shoulders of giants" as a topic?
    I know this is a bit of a "Monk moment" for me...but, the attribution is to Newton, not Einstein:

"If I have seen further [than certain other men] it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants."

One of the great quotes of all time!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm....first, Robert...there is always the big island!!! I saw the snow on Mauna Kea from Maui...or maybe shave ice! haha

Can I add one? How about angles? Kinda like geometry....maybe...
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my favourite ways of discovering new things -and when i say "things" i mean situations, people, subjecs to photograph, roads i've never been to etc- is getting in the first bus/train i see in front of me without seeing it's route number or where it'll take me to.

So, how about "Random Trip", as it definately will move some of you guys, doing something you haven't tried before. If it doesn't sound too specific...

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the geometry idea and the close idea....either sounds good for everyone around the world. Has a decision been made yet?
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin