Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,921   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Everyone, take a look at http://www.fortworden.org/lodging.html

You'll find a fair amount of information about the park. It also looks like June, July and August are getting full. If we want to stay at the park, May is a good month as is part of April.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

May is good

May works for me. Right now Oregon has been so mild in weather. Its almost like Calif here at present.
    How about a side trip to the Steens mountain?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

PRB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

I'm interested from Portland. August is bad for me, otherwise I'm OK in May, June & July.
    Paul RB

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am attending the Platinum workshop by Kerik Kouklis in Issaquah at the end of July.
    Everything else, so far, is open to me.

Anyone else want to sign up for the workshop?
    http://www.cascadesphotography.com/
    Cascades Academy of Photography
    82 Front Street South
    Issaquah, WA 98027
    Phone 425 427 2600
    Fax 425 427 2922

Introduction to Platinum/Palladium Printing

with Kerik Kouklis

Kerik Kouklis is a true master of the platinum/palladium process which is valued for its inherent beauty and archival stability. During this two-day workshop you will learn the basic skills necessary to produce very fine platinum/palladium prints at a reasonable cost. There will be demonstrations on retouching, tea toning, and lots of hands-on time. You will receive a work book with all the technical details of the process to take home. Bring your negatives and enthusiasm and you will leave with a stack of prints and the skill to make more. All paper, chemicals, and supplies are provided in this workshop. www.kerik.com

Limited to 8 participants.

Summer 2005 Fee: $350.00

-Mike Whiting

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was at Port Townsend for two days scouting. Its nice place and there are other areas close by. More important is the pubs! Nice use bookstores as well with plenty of photography books. Is the get together going to happen? I only brought my MF for the scouting and I want to bring the LF for the actual trip.
    Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert8x10
    I was at Port Townsend for two days scouting. Its nice place and there are other areas close by. More important is the pubs! Nice use bookstores as well with plenty of photography books. Is the get together going to happen? I only brought my MF for the scouting and I want to bring the LF for the actual trip.
    I am organizing the trip but ran into a road bump. My company is sending me on the road this summer but haven't given me a schedule yet. I'm hoping to know soon. Several people have said that May is their best month. It looks that way for me too. The link I posted earlier in this thread was intended to give you an idea of what sort of accommodations we can get if we all want to stay together... and I do mean TOGETHER. The problem is that they've changed the requirements this year. The minimum group for dorm reservations is 32 people. I think the best we can do is 10 people.

That brings me to Plan B. Hotels/motels in the area. I'll post a list with phone numbers tonight.

Finally, all those interested in the trip should look at their schedules for May. We are looking at a friday evening through sunday afternoon gathering. I will be taking a day off of work on friday so I'll be in Port Townsend early on Friday. Breaking the gathering up on Sunday afternoon should give everyone the time to drive back to their homes. Some of you who have expressed interest would be making a several hour drive to Port Townsend.

Please respond to this thread with the May weekends you can attend. Hopefully there will be a weekend when we all can come

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well,May 6-8th is out for me because the 8th is Mothers day and I would be dog meat with the wife.

The next weekend starts with Friday the 13th. Bad,bad evil bad. Omen is not good!

I think the 20-22 would be best. The full moon is on the 23rd and 27-29th is Memorial Day weekend. I suspect the hotel rates to go up and availbilty to be limted.

I saw a photo studio there maybe the photographer can help as well?
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I live about 30-45 minutes south of PT (4 miles south of the Hood Canal bridge, on the Kitsap Peninsula side)... I'll be out of town for parts of May and I'm probably a bit too far to be of any help, but I have a lab, studio space and such...
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would be interested in attending and the 20-22 is a good weekend for me as well.

Ray Bidegain

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Idaho City Photo Workshop 5/20 - 5/22

The weekend of May 20-22 is the Idaho City Photo Workshop, so I'm out for that weekend... The rest of the month is good!
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin