Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,144   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Wasington, Oregon, Idaho APUG trip

I am going to organize a weekend trip for any APUG'er who wants to drive to the Seattle/Tacoma area. About 70 miles from Seattle is the beautiful town of Port Townsend and a myriad of photographic opportunities. At one end of town is an old army fort which is inactive. The barracks have been converted into group lodging for small to large groups. I don't have the specifics about lodging cost yet and will contact Ft. Warden as soon as I have an idea who might be interested in coming. The date of the weekend is also open too.

Does anybody have interest? If so, what month is best?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sounds like it could be fun. I would probably need to stay with my parents, I don't think they would forgive me for being up there otherwise. So I wouldn't need the lodging part. I am fairly open for dates.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm in. The dtes are important - the weather must be good or it will be a 'wash out'.
    I don't shoot in the rain. As I understand it, the Sequim area has little winter rain - does PT have the same fortune being in the shelter of the mountains?

I'll bring along my 8x10 and Cooke XVa.

-Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Let us know the dates. I could be interested.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Let me know. I would love to meet with other Apugers.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    As I understand it, the Sequim area has little winter rain - does PT have the same fortune being in the shelter of the mountains?
    I don't believe so. My parents live on Diamond Point, just a couple miles from Sequim and even they don't get the benefit of the hole in the clouds that travels over Sequim.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Dates?

Let's figure out some dates.
    Good for me...
    1st 2 weeks of April
    All of May, except the 20-22 (Idaho City Photo Workshop)
    All of June (so far)

I'm in Boise, ID & would really like to make a trip over to the coast sometime soon... An APUG gathering would be just the thing to get me out of town for a spell!
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I might be persueded to drop on over, if you don't mind having a hick from Montana along!

Let me know how the planning goes.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    June would be tough for me. April is nice except that there's about a 50/50 chance of light rain. When it's not raining, it is gorgeous. May is drier than April and even nicer.

Sounds like we already have enough interest for me to get into some serious planning. Mike is bringing his fancy new Cooke lens. That should be enough alone to bring up the attendence.

I will contact the lodging people at Ft. Warden and find out what our best bet is for lodging. Early next week, I will have a better idea what month we can do this. Hold on to your hats everyone! The more advance notice I can give, the more people we can expect? There might even be some San Francisco bay area people who might come.

I would like to organize activities during the day (preferably exposing film and socializing) Maybe if there is a brave soul amongst us, this hypothetical brave soul could give a talk about his/her photographic process. For example, Oriecat has the polaroid transfer going. Mike has been doing LF for a while and he has that fancy lens. Others might also have something they would like to teach us. So an evening could be spent (after dinner and socializing) learning from a member of the group.

I will ask the lodging people if they have any objection to people developing their film in a bathroom at night. I have both 35mm reels and tanks, 120 reels and a tank, and a 220 reel and tank. Oh and I have a Yankee bakelite 4x5 tank for those who might want to develop sheet film. Or maybe people won't want to develop? Let me know

Dave, you are very welcome to join our group of course! The more the merrier! Eric, of course you would be a GREAT addition to the party!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a friend who lives near Mt. St. Helens that I have promised to visit sometime this coming summer. I'm planning on attending APIS and Photo Santa Fe in early July and maybe taking a workshop earlier or later around that trip. I'll probably head towards the Pacific NW either on my way there or on the return trip back to Michigan. So, keep me updated on when this might happen and I might be able to work it into my plans.

Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin