Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,796   Online: 994

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

North Texas APUG get together

I have proposed a get together for those of us in the North Texas (metroplex) area. I would like to find a diner/coffee shop more or less centrally located that those of us from Dallas, Tarant, Denton and Collin counties, et al, could reach easily. Maybe a Saturday lunch, for instance, where we could all meet up and get acquanted - place faces to names. Then, maybe we could exchange some ideas for possible shooting outings, or other "working" meets.

I need suggestions as to location. I live in East Dallas, so I know this area, and also know it is a long way from Ft. Worth or Denton.

I do know of a place in Carrollton that would work (Norma's on Beltline), but if any one has suggestions in say Lewisville, Grapevine, Coppell, etc., that would be good.

So far, "lee", "photomc", and "kwmullet" have expressed an interest. There's got to be 10-12 of us (if not more) in the area. Let me know.

Cheers

David Brown

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would definitely like to come, but if it's on a Saturday I work every Saturday until 2pm. Any chance we could do this on a Sunday afternoon or maybe a late Saturday afternoon? One idea that might be fun is to arrange the meeting to be a gallery trip to Routh St in Dallas or the Amon Carter in FW--just throwing out ideas. If we all have some prints to share we could try and find a coffee house that's a little more low key with some extra room to share (i.e. not a Starbucks).
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You know, Santa Fe is sometimes considered North Texas. Especially in the summertime.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    You know, Santa Fe is sometimes considered North Texas. Especially in the summertime.

LOL, David...you are correct. In fact been know to drive up and back on a weekend before (some of my co-workers think I must have hit my head a time or two).

Just food for thought the Amon Carter has the following exhibits up or coming:
    An Artistic Legacy: Photographers' Archives at the Carter - thru August 14,05
    Becoming Texas Today - thru June 05
    The Collodion Era in Photography - thru July 05
    Kipton Kumler: A Portfolio of Plants - thru July 05
    Avedon at Work: Photographs by Laura Wilson September 05 - January 06
    In the American West: Photographs by Richard Avedon September 05 - January 06

Maybe someone can find out what is going on in Dallas at the DMA, plus AfterImage.

Saturday afternoon's or Sunday's will work depending upon work schedules. Still sounds like a lot of fun..there are a few other in Houston/Austin areas that might be interested in a shootout, plus I think there may be some members in OK, LA as well. Pretty big area to consider for a shoot out, but still maybe a weekend outing is possible.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    [...]I do know of a place in Carrollton that would work (Norma's on Beltline), but if any one has suggestions in say Lewisville, Grapevine, Coppell, etc., that would be good.
    [...]
    this'll have to be the short version. The long version was a casualty of me troubleshooting a breaker and inadvertently shutting all my computers off. (*sigh*)

Norma's would be ideal, IMO. Wonderful venue, good food, and good pickin's for shootin'.

-KwM-

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am with Kevin . Normas would be fine

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    [...]So far, "lee", "photomc", and "kwmullet" have expressed an interest. There's got to be 10-12 of us (if not more) in the area. Let me know.
    Cheers
    David Brown
    A quick look in the user directory found 19 that listed specific locations in the metroplex. Lots more listed just "texas" or "tx" and except for photomc, I didn't list any of those. I notice I didn't catch David Brown, but his location is listed as just "Dallas", so there's probably a few others who list specific cities that I didn't catch just looking for "texas" and "tx".

a0667318: Irving, TX.
    aldus_manutius: Plano, TX
    garryl: Fort Worth, TX
    glewis: Fort Worth, TX
    Jeremy Moore: Denton, TX
    Jimbob: Flower Mound TX
    kwmullet:Denton, TX
    lee: Fort Worth TX
    Peter H. Feresten: Fort Worth, TX
    tiger:Denton, TX <=---------------
    [HOLY MACKEREL!!!
    AND THIS IS HOW I FIND OUT MY WIFEY FINALLY GOT ON APUG?!? (: ]
    xeric-sw: Dallas, TX
    Adams: Dallas. Texas
    garyetx: Arlington, Texas
    Lex Jenkins: Fort Worth, Texas
    Neal Shields: Ft. Worth,Texas
    oculus76: Arlington, Texas
    Pa-paw:Lake Dallas, Texas
    photomc: Texas
    Super Graphic Guy: Corinth, Texas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    tigerenton, TX <=---------------
    [HOLY MACKEREL!!!
    AND THIS IS HOW I FIND OUT MY WIFEY FINALLY GOT ON APUG?!? (: ]
    Uh oh, Kevin, now she'll know when you brag about that new "insert expensive piece of equipment here"

I know that Lex Jenkins has gone digital with a D2H and I was going to go shooting with Super Grapic Guy (in Corinth), but I have never seen hide nor tail of him since he went on a photo shoot in [I believe] Colorado. Now I just have to find out who Pa-Paw is (I work in Lake Dallas).
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    garryl and glewis I believe are the same person
    Peter Feresten has at least one show up now at the downtown branch of the Ft Worth Public Library
    I have not seen Lex in months since his grandmother died
    brown mullett and moore and castles are the ones I see most often on apug the rest may read and not post I dont know them or know how to get in touch with them

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [*PING*]

Just prodding this thread to try and make sure it doesn't get forgotten. Shall I do an evite.com or a Yahoo invite with a bunch of E-Mail addresses and see if we can get a concensus about when to get together, or shall we come to a preliminary concensus here in this thread? I'm thinking here in the thread would be easier, but it would bother all the non-North Texans with the minutea of our scheduling this gettogether.

I guess I'm soliciting a meta-concensus. ;)

-KwM-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin