Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,219   Online: 1032

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a quick line to say that the Q3 2005 Challenge is now underway! The theme for the Challenge is "Heat", which should give us plenty of scope for a good few imaginative interpretations, and the closing date is 30th September.

*** WARNING - Dates In Calendar Are Closer Than They Appear! ***

The status thread has been updated with all the details. Incidentally, if anyone can think of any additions to the FAQ section of that thread then if they could let me know either here or via PM then I'd be much obliged.

Finally, many thanks to everyone who contributed to the May / June Macro Challenge.

All the best,

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a quick <bump> to remind people that the Q3 Challenge is currently running with the theme of Heat and we've already got a cracking shot for the theme posted on in the Challenge Gallery!

Full details of the Challenge can be found here -http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16075

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    <bump>

A quick reminder that the Challenge is currently running with the theme of Heat.

We're now halfway through the quarter, so anyone wanting to take part needs to get a move on! For newcomers (and anyone who needs a reminder) full details of the challenge can be found here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frank for the next photo challenge, can I suggest: "Self Portrait" ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Frank for the next photo challenge, can I suggest: "Self Portrait" ?
    All suggestions are welcome Nicole, but actually the challenge for Jan 2005 was "A self-portrait which says something about where you live", so we might be recovering old ground. I'll pop it in the hat though!

I'll start a new thread to take suggestions at the start of September. I'd like to give the existing topic a little more time before that though, especially as we only have one image in the Gallery for it... (another was fleetingly there, but then, erm, wasn't again!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry Frank, I meant an actual portrait taken of ourselves that represents our true self. Or could represent how we believe others perceive us to be, or even how we'd like to be...

This is more than just a technical challenge but also touches on a bit of ground from Les McLean's recent threads.

Hmm, maybe this is too challenging.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hmmmm, interesting one...

Okay, I'll pop it in at the head of the poll for the next Challenge. If it wins then I promise I'll submit a shot (especially as I wimped out of January's!). Thanks for the suggestion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin