Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,716   Online: 763

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am in ...shoot for sometime in Oct....Come to Germany either Munich or Stuttgart...that's when the Volksfests are happening. What ever city in Europe is decided I will try to make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending on exact dates, I'm in too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I discussed with Hans already (and some others in the chat), that we are going for a low cost option to keep it central for most European members for a first try out. Also to keep the financial costs, balanced to an attractive program, to a minimum. Maybe we are sponsoring this first EU event. First thought was Köln or environment.

This threat is only to find out if there is enough interest to do it or not.

Best regards,

Robert (also from the Netherlands)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    I discussed with Hans already (and some others in the chat), that we are going for a low cost option to keep it central for most European members for a first try out. Also to keep the financial costs, balanced to an attractive program, to a minimum. Maybe we are sponsoring this first EU event. First thought was Köln or environment.

This threat is only to find out if there is enough interest to do it or not.

Best regards,

Robert (also from the Netherlands)
    As mentioned in a chat session I'm also interested. Agree with Robert about a central location e.g. Germany; I think somebody also mentioned Munich, that being a main airport hub in Germany would help people travelling over there, imho.
    regards
    Salvo
    "A photograph is not created by a photographer. What he does is just to open a little window and capture it. The world then writes itself on the film. The act of the photographer is closer to reading than it is to writing. They are the readers of the world."
    Ferdinando Scianna, Magnum photographer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds like you guys are organizing a 'get-together', not really a conference which has exhibitions, trade displays, speakers, tours, workshops, seminars and a print contest. The first APUG Conference will be a real conference and will also be in conjunction with a major photographic festival - Contact 2006.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Art,

As might be obvious to the careful reader of the first post to this thread: nothing is organized.....yet. This thread is only meant to find out how many European members would be interested. Also: the scope of the whole meeting/get-together/conference/symposium is still open to suggestions.

Regards

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hans,

I am confused why you would want to even ask this question then and pose it as a 'conference' when all the effort should be put into the APUG Conference in Toronto and finding ways to get as many people there as possible.

Seems like a red herring that is diverting the attention to where it should be and that's the APUG Conference. You can ask this question after the conference is finished or just ask for a get together without calling it a conference. Call me suspicious of the intentions....That's all.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Count me in to attend and help out. I live in Stuttgart, so traveling anywhere in Germany is Kein problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't see the problem Art.
    The vast majority of the users here in APUG are from the US, so it makes sense to hold a conferance close to where they live. Yet, not everybody can travel all the way across the Atlantic. I have done it a million times and I know its not a small trip.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin