Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,684   Online: 940

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

European APUG Meeting

Now and then, during a chat session or in a thread, the idea of organising a conference for the European members is brought forward.

My question: how many of us here in the old world would be interested in such a meeting? If interested, please hit the reply button and let me know what your ideas are re. location, activities, facilities etc.

Regards

Hans

Disclaimer: My asking this question does not necessarily mean I will organize this meeting. 8-)
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in - but would of course prefer meeting in western Norway

I have good connections in Norway's deepest valley, which incidentally has one of the world's highest densities of tourist acommodation...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not on your side of the pond, but am interested. I was hoping the APUG conf. would become a tradition and be held every couple years. That way if it is in Europe (or anywhere else) within the next couple years, I could save enough to attend. Seems most people need the extra time to gather funds and make arrangements.
    I think Bob C. MrCallow and Eric R. have tried to organize the current one in such a way, that it can be handed over to the next group that wishes to continue.
    Hope it happens, no matter when you hold it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rogueish, is correct we hope that what is being done now can be picked up by others and used in the future.

We are also hoping that we will get a fair amount of people from the eastern hemisphere and that future conferences can be held in Europe, Oceania, or where ever there is an APUG contingent.

I for one would come to a European Apug conference, but would prefer to do it during a time frame that wouldn't conflict with the one we are planning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree that an APUG Conference in Europe is a great idea, and I'd come over too, BUT I think it should after the one organized in Toronto next year.

Organizing a 'European' conference now will only dilute the existing conference being organized.

I'd refrain from regionalizing the conferences. An APUG Conference is an APUG Conference, and I know the one being organized for next year is not regional in anyway. It's meant to be an APUG Conference for all APUGers.

I like the concept of having one every other year. Maybe the one after can be held in Europe. Like I mentioned, I'd fly over, wherever in Europe it will be held. My suggestion would be Bratislava during their photographic festival. Maybe we can all decide at the APUG Conference in Toronto where the next is held. Sort of like a 'Olympic' committee decision.

Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 06-23-2005 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am in.
    I would love to travel anywhere in Europe to meet the rest of the analog weirdos.
    At the same time, your are welcome to come over and do the conferance at the beach.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it happens, I do anything I can to participate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sadly, Oceania is too far and too expensive to get too or from! Unless your all rich buggers and can come on downunder!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    sadly, Oceania is too far and too expensive to get too or from! Unless your all rich buggers and can come on downunder!
    Unfortunately, they stopped the 10 quid sea cruises from Portsmouth some years ago (I think there was some kind of special requirement for the low price too... Strangely, few ever came back... odd that)...

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Unfortunately, they stopped the 10 quid sea cruises from Portsmouth some years ago (I think there was some kind of special requirement for the low price too... Strangely, few ever came back... odd that)...

Bob.

hehe! my great-great-great grandmother was a paying customer... so I've been told!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin