Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,932   Posts: 1,522,207   Online: 1061

View Poll Results: Do we disallow exchange deadbeats? And make a blacklist?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and a public blacklist

2 5.88%
  • Yes, but private blacklist available only to coordinators

6 17.65%
  • No, but a public list as a reminder not as a punitive measure

4 11.76%
  • No, but private list - for subtle urges via PM

13 38.24%
  • No and no blacklist - this is just too draconian!

9 26.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I can't completely speak for Jeremy who organizes the group exchange, but if we count pure delinquency based on posted due dates, we're talking around 10% of all particpants require a 'nudge' from either of us.

After the nudge, we're down to about 3-5% based on the last round. Last round had one individual drop out entirely from APUG after recieving his print. I know one group in the group exchange is still awaiting from two members and another from one member. To date in the blind exchange, two members are still waiting for their prints.

This next blind print exchange round has more particpants - around 55 to date compared to 40 the previous two rounds. So I am hoping that there will be better compliance this time.

I don't know what the numbers are for Jeremy's group exchange.

Overall though, I think these exchanges on APUG are amazing. I think it's a way to show community and most people are very patient when it comes to waiting for their print to arrive. What I also like is the international flavour of the participants this round (mind you many on APUG know I have actively recruiting particpants behind the scenes) and the levels of skills particpating. Also most of the more experienced members understand the effort and appreciate a 'newbie's' print, so there's an air of mentor - student, which I think is very valuable to APUG.

Anyway, I hope more people will think about signing on to either exchange or both exchanges as they're a great way to promote this community and promote analog.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    How about keeping a private list and pooling the dead beats into their own groups........that way they can't complain if they get nothing and everyone else is happy!

Clayton

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Should people who haven't honoured their committments in ANY of the previous exchanges (group, blind, postcard, etc...) NOT be allowed in any future exchanges unless their committments are filled? Should we make a public blacklist compiled from all the previous and current coordinators?

Art. (Moderators at the ready...)
    Please remove me from the Blind Print Exchange list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    Please remove me from the Blind Print Exchange list.
    Hi Jim,

OK will do. I am feeling that this thread offended you and percipitated your response? PM me.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by claytume
    How about keeping a private list and pooling the dead beats into their own groups........that way they can't complain if they get nothing and everyone else is happy!

Clayton
    Great idea. And so diplomatic.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin