Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,956   Online: 1055

View Poll Results: Do we disallow exchange deadbeats? And make a blacklist?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and a public blacklist

2 5.88%
  • Yes, but private blacklist available only to coordinators

6 17.65%
  • No, but a public list as a reminder not as a punitive measure

4 11.76%
  • No, but private list - for subtle urges via PM

13 38.24%
  • No and no blacklist - this is just too draconian!

9 26.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

OK, now THIS will be contraversial....

Should people who haven't honoured their committments in ANY of the previous exchanges (group, blind, postcard, etc...) NOT be allowed in any future exchanges unless their committments are filled? Should we make a public blacklist compiled from all the previous and current coordinators?

Art. (Moderators at the ready...)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sounds like you are getting just a wee bit political gr82bart.

tut tut.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess I don't feel comfortable answering without some sort of idea hoe common this problem is.

Paul.

By the way, I sent everything yesterday! No deadbeat here!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should explain...

When I was organizing the blind print exchange, I was trying to 'recruit' some more members, since, well, I goofed in the pairings and left out someone...Anyway, a few people PMed me and said that they had not revieved prints in previous exchanges (blind, group and otherwise - it was a mishmash) and felt short changed, since they made an effort to make a decent print and got nothing in return.

The PMs still are with me and I have been mulling over this question as I made my pairings. Do I pair someone who I know is an exchange deadbeat? What do I do? Anyway, I made all the pairings for everyone that posted or PMed me. Did I turn a blind eye?

Hence the question and the post...

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I voted "No, but a public list as a reminder not as a punitive measure".

I think that an outright ban would be in order for repeat offenders (3 strikes?). Considering the amount of time made available in the rules to get a print made and in the mail, it shouldn't be THAT tough...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I voted as a private list, but I can see the public list as well.

I spent a great deal of money (for me at least, since I am kind of broke ) to make, mat, and especially ship prints for the group exchange, I am figuring that I am getting something in exchange that will make it worthwhile. If I get nothing from someone, I would be very dissappointed to have spent $20 shipping a print to them overseas to see nothing in return.

I guess it does seem appropriate that some sort of policing would be appropriate. I also agree with Bob about the three strikes and you are out policy. I would probably prefer a private list for the organizers so that there is no implication of shaming or making someone feel that they were paired with a known "deadbeat." I think that having rules and consequences like this in place and very well communicated might also help to prevent folks from becoming deadbeats in the first place.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whilst I agree that it is annoying to make the effort of participating in these sort of events to then receive nothing in return, it must be remembered that personal circumstances do change. Articles also get lost in the post occasionally. That said I would not be happy to be put in a group with anyone that had not fulfilled their obligations in a previous round without explanation, and a response to a subtle PM from the organiser.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I am entering an exchange or like and my photo hasn't arrived at the recipient I would rather like a PM telling me that than being put on a black list. That way I am make up for the mistake or loss by sending a new photo.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I don't think it should be necessary, but it should probably be tracked...

I would be on such a list - I failed to send stuff out for round 3, which is why I didn't subscribe to 4 or 5. I did the decent thing and blacklisted myself. If someone doesn't complete an exchange (which can happen for all sorts of good reasons), they shouldn't have the audacity to sign up for another exchange until they've made good on their previous comitments.

Before I sign up again (which I hope to), I'll make good on my previous exchange.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've sent and recieve all my Print exchanges but my Postcard count isn't so rosy... 171 sent, 121 received. Some must go missing in transit, but not that many otherwise the postal services of the world would be the brunt of much more abuse than they currently are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin