Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,033   Online: 1263

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The APUG Photo Challenge - Q4 Suggestions and Discussion Thread

The APUG Photo Challenge is a quarterly bash where APUG members go and make a photograph fitting a given theme and upload the result to the APUG Challenge Gallery. Full information and the current status of the Challenge can be found here.

This thread is for the 2005 Quarter 4 Challenge (suggestions for the theme and general discussion) which will have a closing date of 31st December. In a few days I'll post another thread to poll the suggestions.

Nicole has already suggested "Self-portrait" with the fuller description "an actual portrait taken of ourselves that represents our true self. Or could represent how we believe others perceive us to be, or even how we'd like to be...", which sounds like a pretty good one to stretch us a bit!

So, what would you like to see for the Q3 theme?!

As an aside, the theme for the current quarter was selected as Heat which sounded nicely topical and with room for many different interpretations. However, it's so far attracted just one posting (albeit a very good one). I have a shot which will be posted sometime this week, but it's still 'way down on our usual output.

I'm more than happy to keep banging away at this if people enjoy it, and the poll a few months ago came out in favour of keeping it going. However, if you feel the time for this bash has passed then let me know, I'll let it drop and perhaps someone else will revive it in another form at a future time.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've "sticked" the thread. I'll see if I can get around to unsticking a few of the older ones later.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Given that there was only one contribution to the Q3 Challenge, that Nicole's is the only suggestion for Q4 and that Ole stickying this thread (under the circumstances, I've now unstickyed it) has been the only response, I think it's probably time to wind this up.

If someone else wants to take it on then please feel free. Perhaps you can do what I couldn't.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed over the past challenges. I hope it was fun while it lasted.

All the best,

Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a real shame.

I would also have suggested another (still life) theme: "Little Memories and My Favourites Things". Items around our home that remind us of our childhood or something that's very special to us. These are often the things we see and/or use, or used to use in everyday life.

So sad to see this pass us by. The little challenges in life are the ones that spur our everyday creativity.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    That's a real shame.

I would also have suggested another (still life) theme: "Little Memories and My Favourites Things". Items around our home that remind us of our childhood or something that's very special to us. These are often the things we see and/or use, or used to use in everyday life.

So sad to see this pass us by. The little challenges in life are the ones that spur our everyday creativity.
    Hi Frank. I agree with Nicole that it will be sad to see this go. I learned a lot trying to get an image for your macro challenge. Unfortunately my effort was too late to enter, but I'm thankful for what I learned by trying something new.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Frank,
    Thank you for all of your hard work in the past. I too agree with Nicole.
    Howard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for your messages and I agree that it's a real shame. Ailsa's concept is/was a great one and I would have loved to see it continue. Maybe it can if someone else can generate the enthusiasm for it amongst the membership that I could not.

I feel bad about this, especially for you Nicole; I would have very much liked to see the contributions your suggestion brought forth. At the end of the day though, if nobody's participating then what's the point?

I'm sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

is there anybody out there interested in contributing to this challenge?

Maybe if it wasn't an official 'challenge' it may be less daunting and therefore more fun? No judging but a theme to see how people interpret various projects differently?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    .... Maybe if it wasn't an official 'challenge' it may be less daunting and therefore more fun? No judging but a theme to see how people interpret various projects differently?
    Not a bad idea. A theme gallery, perhaps?

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nicole,

As I mentioned before, I like your suggested theme very much and would like to participate. I think you might get a better response if you posted a new thread for it, though. I think a lot of people don't bother to look at the challenge threads anymore.

Just a thought,

Frank

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin