Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,686   Posts: 1,548,612   Online: 1324

View Poll Results: Would you have any interest in purchasing an APUG Baseball Cap?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes…I would have a strong interest.

65 62.50%
  • I don’t know, perhaps, but not a strong interest.

19 18.27%
  • Could go either way, see my comments below

12 11.54%
  • No - nor any other baseball cap!

10 9.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got all excited when after 2 months I saw this thread active again! Vet where you been?

Every time I see one of those instant cap embroidery kiosks at the mall I think to myself that I'll bring the logo by one of these days and just do it!
    (Then I'll come here and post nah nah nah nah nah! )
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterDendrinos
    Good day everyone,

Sean and I are working to bring you an APUG Baseball Cap through a “store front” that he is working on.

I would like to get an idea of the number of folks that would be interested in purchasing one.

The hats are 100% cotton, adjustable size. They appear to be quite well made. They are grey with dark blue embroidery work.

The way I would like to work this, is that perhaps 20% of the sale price will go directly to Sean to assist in maintaining the site. These hats would be reasonably priced, and the more folks that order the better pricing I can get from the manufacturer.

All I am looking for at the moment is a idea of interest. There is no commitment being made by you in indicating interest.

Please see the images below, and use the poling feature to indicate interest. If you have comments please feel free to post them here or pm or email me.

Thank you

Peter Dendrinos
    In the U.K. we have a saying "If you see a young man in a baseball cap driving an old Ford Fiesta be afraid. If you see another young man in the passenger seat be very afraid." A reference to young maniacs(boy racers) who own beat-up Ford Fiestas and drive them as if others lives depended on them. Unfortunately they do depend on them if they happen to be on the road at the same time.

Sorry had to get that off my chest. It's a teenager's headgear here. Older guys just look sad in them.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to see an APUG baseball cap that had an extendable/retractable bill. That way, it would fit under a darkcloth without having to turn it around. ;-)
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format

A Pug

Quote Originally Posted by hanaa
    i agree the had would need something more spelled out, like analog photography. Emphaize "Analog" i don't want some digital person walking up to me saying something stupid like "we photographers should stick together" i dunno. seems like a good idea though. i'd buy one, sure, i need a cap anyways.
    I can envisage some moron coming up to me, and saying " you look like a pug as well " It's what's called in boxing "leading with the chin " . I would suggest we re-think the logo.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gee are we declaring it open season on the hat design again? To those who didn't participate before, this is very much like hunting anything: We arm ourselves with esthetic judgement and shoot at whoever came up with a helpful idea until they stagger off discouraged, idea dead and, it were me, pissed as heck!

It’s not my desire to start an argument here. I created the design of the hat, based on the graphics used on the web site. My goal was to get the APUG logo out and about. To get people asking what it meant.

I also thought it might be a good way to put some money in seans pocket. I’ll point out that I wont make a dime on this venture, and in fact will likely loose money. For me that’s not the point.

I shoot with a hat on all the time. People walk up to me often enough. I would not mind if the hat started a conversation, that wound up educating someone about the web site.

Pete
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ok, i thought i would chime in here one more time. I am waiting for Sean to get the store open, then the hats will be for sale. I appreciate everyones input.

Hope to sell all of you a hat soon.

Peter Dendrinos
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Peter!
    (I'm heading out today with a buddy to buy a Ford Fiesta. Put me down for 2, one for me and one for my buddy!)
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hope to sell all of you a hat soon.
    Are all the hats sold?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I would rather have a floppy/broad brim hat. A fishing hat. Us older folks need sun protection for our ear and face.
    Last edited by Robert Brummitt; 02-11-2006 at 04:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good idea Peter, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a baseball cap. Over here they are Chav wear.
    I would definitely buy an APUG bush hat though.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin