Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,667   Online: 970

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a quick one on getting there and back. Friday mornings and afternoons are usually chaos on the M62, M60 and M6 so I'd factor in a bit more travelling time than usual. If you're coming from the North then take the M56 then the A34 and follow the directions for Knutsford.

If anyone wants a lift please send me a PM or alternatively we could meet up at Birch services and travel in together.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Given Lee's advice about travelling difficulties reminds me that Tony's hotel room is available at the Knutsford service for anyone that wants to travel to the area on the previous evening. If you want it then PM me to arrange.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leon,
    Really sorry about this, but it's looking increasingly unlikely I'll be able to make it. Work commitments are to blame and it's really p****d me off. There is a small chance I could make it but I reckon you're going to need a finalised list of who can definitely be there. I'm just hoping that there will be another opportunity in the future. Anyway, many apologies, and I hope everyone has a great day. Regards (a really, REALLY wazzed off) Blighty
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Leon,

Still very much on for the trip, but I will be on the train - by the looks of things it's about a mile to the railway station, do you know how easy it is to get from one to the other? That's unless anyone's driving from Mytholmroyd/Hebden Bridge... :-)

Euan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eubielicious
    Hi Leon,

Still very much on for the trip, but I will be on the train - by the looks of things it's about a mile to the railway station, do you know how easy it is to get from one to the other? That's unless anyone's driving from Mytholmroyd/Hebden Bridge... :-)

Euan
    I've no idea I'm afraid Euan - I'm from the opposite end of the country! Hopefully someone else will chip in. I've got an official ilford map to send out to anyone who wants it, but I'm afraid it doesnt help you anyway more than you already know Euan. It suggests a taxi ride .... I'm sure someone must be able to pick you up en route.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eubielicious
    Hi Leon,

Euan
    I looked up train times as I didn't fancy the drive. It's about two hours as you will have to change at Victoria & Altrincham. If you can get though to Tod or Rochdale I can pick you up at the station. I work in Sowerby Bridge but live in Lancs. so ideally Rochdale would be better for the motorway but Tod's only 15 minutes away. I would estimate we'll need to leave around 7:30 or so.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leeturner
    I looked up train times as I didn't fancy the drive. It's about two hours as you will have to change at Victoria & Altrincham. If you can get though to Tod or Rochdale I can pick you up at the station. I work in Sowerby Bridge but live in Lancs. so ideally Rochdale would be better for the motorway but Tod's only 15 minutes away. I would estimate we'll need to leave around 7:30 or so.
    Hi Lee - you tell me what suits you better - I can go to either Tod or Rochdale easily enough since it would be the same train anyway.

The train times would mean having to catch a train from Mytholmroyd at 5-something, so any improvement on that is most welcome!

Euan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Euan, I'll send you a PM later on this week then we can organise some times.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Given Lee's advice about travelling difficulties reminds me that Tony's hotel room is available at the Knutsford service for anyone that wants to travel to the area on the previous evening. If you want it then PM me to arrange.
    Working on the first come basis Tony's room has been taken. Both Ole and Petzi have posted me and asked about hotels. I believe they are flying in to Manchester so can anyone recommend a hotel around the airport, and convenient to Ilford's? Contact details will be helpful.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll be arriving the afternoon before and staying until Sunday morning. Any help and advice in finding a place to stay is very welcome!

PS: I promise to bring no more than 2 cameras. All right - no more than three! That will be far easier to accomodate than the six I brought to the Norwegian Gathering
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin