Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,577   Online: 1176

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger
    Surprised they are able to book that far out in advance for a factory tour

Also, is it really that far for one point to another, Didn't think any one place would be more than a day trip from any other location?

Wish I could go!

Mike
    Seven hours or so in the car in one day is a bit more than I find comfortable. I start to get bored after 1 hour...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guessing not many 80mph run for hours type of driving. I get on I-70, point it west, and the next stop sign is 550 miles on the off ramp in Denver.

Still wish I could make the tour.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Short hop from Glasgow...

I'll like to add my name too!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Simon Galley from Ilford has very kindly offered to allow a group of APUG members a trip to the Ilford Factory at Mobberley sometime next year (?March?).

I think this is an opportunity that is too good to miss.

A tentative sign-up of interest here would be good start, then Simon can set it up for a suitable date. I imagine that most able to attend will be people from our little island(s) but obviously it's open to all APUG members.

I'm down for no. 1 place ...... who's next?
    Yes please

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an image of you all stumbling along in the dark while a disembodied voice intones "..and on your left you can't see the coating line. And on your right you can't see the cutting machines. And in front of you....".

Yes, I'm jealous.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bob - if you're that concerned by the drive, I'm sure I could pick you up en-route, I'll have to go past your way to get there anyway. Lets see how it pans out, but the offer is there if you want it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like APUG is well represented! We all look forward to a report of the trip. I wish I could go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Bob - if you're that concerned by the drive, I'm sure I could pick you up en-route, I'll have to go past your way to get there anyway. Lets see how it pans out, but the offer is there if you want it.
    Not at all concerned - I just find driving long distances deadly boring... In practice, I'll probably take two or three days off and spend some time in N. Wales as well. Last time I was there the engine in my old Isuzu 4x4 blew up so I only had 4 days of the week I had planned... Time I had another go...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    Please take any pictures you are allowed. I would sure like to be there.
    I can just imaging it on the coating line, someone pulls out a Crown graphic with a number 5 flashbulb..........

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well bob, and anyone else en route to Manchester from the SE, I'll happily offer a lift.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin