Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,364   Online: 739

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13171819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791
    Ben, is this actually at the knutsford services or in Knutsford itself? as I may stop off for some breakfast myself.
    Yes, it's at the Knutsford Services, on the M6 between Junction 18 & 19, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Ben - Dave Miller and i are staying there tonight so we may see you in the morning
    OK, might see you there first thing. If not I look forward to meeting you all at the Ilford site.

Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm envious of you all as are many here on APUG I am sure . Have a great time. Hoping to hear all about it in the next few days.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I know of some nice pubs in a very photogenic area just east of Manc. - in Saddleworth, if anyone fancies a few moments unwinding after a hard day at Mobberly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck and have fun....

PS Expecting a report in full color
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Good luck and have fun....

PS Expecting a report in full color
    Well, I went, I saw and had a good day all in. The Ilford factory is bigger than you might think, certainly it was quite big when we were walking round. Simon was generous both with his time and there were goodies to share, they fed us too!

There was a lot to see, and the enthusiasm of the team who were showing us round was obvious - these were people who were proud of what they did and seemed to be turning that into a thriving business. Well done to everyone at Ilford for the day.

Euan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree. Was there too and it was a brilliant trip. Many thanks to Leon for getting it off the ground and to all at Ilford for making us so welcome.
    i can't believe the film/paper process is so complicated! So fantastic that people are prepared to work in dark or near dark all day so we can shoot a few snaps. I'll never look at a roll/sheet of film agin in the same way.
    Nice to put faces to names too.

Shooter
    35mm
    What an excellent day! The great staff at Ilford went out of their way to give us a great insight, as well as a tasty lunch. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to the prime movers, Leon and Simon Galley but the day was made by all at Harman who patiently showed us around and answered all questions. There was committment to the product and quality from top to bottom.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Many, many thanks to all the people at Ilford (and there were a lot!) who took time out of their day to show us around, explain the processes and answer all our questions. They really bent over backwards to make us feel welcome.

A lot of effort went into this day both from Simon Galley and the people at Ilford and also from Leon who put in a lot of work organising it all.

The end result was a great day for everyone, and a real eye-opener. I really had no clue as to what goes into producing the films and papers that I use so casually. The number and variety of tests done on each and every roll of paper is staggering, and as for the amount of work done in total darkness and the sheer size of the coating machine...!

Add in a cracking lunch, a very generous 'goody bag' (thanks again Simon!) and a chance to meet up with about twenty other APUGgers... ...In case you hadn't worked it out, I had a great time!

Snaps from the day coming to an online gallery near you soon (on Delta 100)!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Totally agree with everybody. An excellent day and many thanks both to Leon for organising and to Simon and his team. Very impressive stuff from a company that is obviously totally dedicated to their business.

And if anyone ever starts complaining that Ilford don't take QC seriously, then you'll have at least 20 people ready to shoot you down in flames!

Cheers

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin