Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,350   Online: 1015

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    BTW - I'm not sure that what I did counts as "organising", I just picked up on a statement by Simon in another thread, held onto it for dear life, an ran all the way Mobberly, compiling a few lists of names on the way. But thanks for the thanks guys
    ...and if you look in the dictionary under 'organising'...!

Don't kid yourself Leon; this was your gig, there was a great turnout, everything worked out really well and everyone had a great time. That (rare) situation is known as 'a win'!

Get your missus to give you a pat on the back, you earned it.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    35mm
    It was a brilliant day & thanks to everyone concerned. The commitment of the staff was very obvious and as others have said it was a real eye-opener to see the complexity of film and paper manufacturing. The dedication to quality control was also very impressive, with every possible aspect checked before the product leaves the factory. It was also good to meet some of the R & D team. I'm sure the new Company have a great future and they certainly deserve this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I think I will chip in as well.

I have always been an Ilfordite. Infact I have never purchased a black and white product (other that Pyrocat-HD chemicals raw chems) that was not made by Ilford. I have used other manufactuers goods, but only stuff given or inherited from others.

So, what was my reasoning behind going to Mobberley? Other than pure nosiness(sp), I wanted to get some reassurance, a warm fuzzy feeling, that the 'new' company was going to be able to keep supplying the same products I have always used, at the same standards I was used too. Very selfish I know, but I was worried that 18 months ago I would lose my photographic base and would have to start sourcing materials elsewhere. I wanted my comfort blanket.

So did I acheive the warm fuzzy feeling? You bet! Not only do I feel that I can rely on getting these products now, I also think they will be around for a long time in the future as long as the market is strong enough to keep them there.

It came across loud and clear that these guys (& girls) CARE. They are passionate about what they do and how they do it. There is a strong sense of family, one that has had hard times, and pulled together to get through the rough spots. But pull through they have and they seem stronger and fitter for it. The sense of family is a rare phenomenen in business these days, and I must say I am envious.

The tour itself was very informative and the staff were keen to impart knowledge where ever the could. I was impressed with the scale of the operation, the attention to detail, the standards etc. Anyone who doubts their QC needs to take the tour.

Over the years I have been to many company presentations (and given them) and can't remember any where I was greeted by the top level directors themselves. Traditionally it is usually a task left to the PR people. Like I said, they care.

Ilford/Harman certainly have their work cut out for themselves over the next few years. The current rapid changing markets, with the demise of the large producers and the blight of digital imaging, certainly can't be helping them yet they seem able to see through these and have focused on the future and are striding towards it. They spoke of innovation and research that they are doing to keep silver imaging alive. And if this means producing papers for the diginerds so that they can keep providing us(me) with the traditional materials then I am all for it. They are also looking for new ways to increase their traditional silver sales and I think we should all help where we can.

Special thanks to Simon Galley and the Ilfordites who made us feel welcome and to Leon for 'not organising' it.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What can I add to this?

It was well worth it, even travelling over from Norway for the occasion.

And as to the "trolley dash" - I could get what I want in 30 seconds. I know exactly where it is.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Thanks for all your feedback, it was a great pleasure to welcome you all to ILFORD Photo and I can assure you we had a good time too.

Feet were a bit sore Friday night...a couple of beers made them feel alot better, thanks for making the effort to visit us

Simon & The Team At ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to echo the comments made here, and say a very big thank you to the directors and staff at Ilford Photo / Harman technology.

I had an excelent day, well worth the trip up. It's so encouraging to see a company that is clearly going places, and with such enthusastic staff!

So thank you again to Simon and all the staff at Ilford who so kindly showed us round, and thank you Leon for your efforts in getting us all together.

Ben.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

Thanks for all your feedback, it was a great pleasure to welcome you all to ILFORD Photo and I can assure you we had a good time too.

Feet were a bit sore Friday night...a couple of beers made them feel alot better, thanks for making the effort to visit us

Simon & The Team At ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    One thing's for sure - I'll never look at a box of Ilford photographic paper without thinking of all those lads and lasses working in the twilight zone under red lights. Now that's dedication...

Euan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ilford trip shots are up in the Workshops and Get Togethers gallery. Apologies for the delay and some of the worst neg scans I've ever done!

Need sleeeeeeep....!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for doing that frank

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin