Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,601   Posts: 1,622,395   Online: 775

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    As an FYI If you need to organise any UK APUG function, ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology would be pleased to make available our darkrooms or meeting rooms ( we also have a small training centre ) free of charge, I know Manchester is not the best location but the offer is there...
    It's a much appreciated offer, Simon. Thank you very much!

We've had a couple of meet-up-and-shoot sessions in the UK so far which have gone very well. Now, a meet-up-and-print session... ...that could be very interesting!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear Leon et al,

A friday it seems would be best, I will try and finalise a date today :

As an FYI If you need to organise any UK APUG function, ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology would be pleased to make available our darkrooms or meeting rooms ( we also have a small training centre ) free of charge, I know Manchester is not the best location but the offer is there...

Simon.
    Prepare to get drowned in an avalanche of suggestions! That is a very generous offer. Many thanks.

Manchester can be viewed as a gateway to several areas of photographic interest: Lakes, Dales, N. Wales...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker
    A Friday would indeed be preferable; people who wish to do so can turn it into a long weekend in the countryside. (I'm thinking especially about people from abroad).
    If anyone does decide to fly in, PM me as I live less than a mile away from Heathrow airport.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Now, a meet-up-and-print session... ...that could be very interesting!
    that is an amazing opportunity - thanks Simon and Ilford.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    If anyone does decide to fly in, PM me as I live less than a mile away from Heathrow airport.

Cheers, Bob.
    But wouldn't they fly into Manchester airport?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    But wouldn't they fly into Manchester airport?
    Not if coming from the US. Most major American carriers fly primarily to Heathrow.

I'm thinking about it myself, but the UK is a long way from Hawaii!! About 15 hours flying time total.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mean there are other airports in England - When did that happen???

Good point: that was a brain-fade post - was up all night building servers ready for a weekend install... what fun... Plus, a look at the map suggests that anyone flying in to Manchester could hop off the plane and be at Mobberley in about 10 minutes...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb
    I can just imaging it on the coating line, someone pulls out a Crown graphic with a number 5 flashbulb..........
    Just as they did at the LaMotta/Robinson fights. Only this time someone called Ray who works for Ilford will be able to knock him down and stuff a summons in his inside pocket for a hefty damages lawsuit.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    to further the excitement, Les Mclean has offered to give a printing demonstration in the Ilford darkrooms if he can make the date Simon gives us. This just keeps getting better!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Not if coming from the US. Most major American carriers fly primarily to Heathrow.
    Nope! Manchester is a major hub, I and my work colleagues use it to get to the US as it's a much more pleasant experience than going down to Heathrow. Easier to get to (for us!) with fewer traffic problems, and less people. The US airlines flying to Manchester include AA, Continental, Delta, US Airways and United. You've also got BA, Virgin and loads of others. According to my route planning software, it's only 8.5 miles from the airport to Mobberley, perfect for anyone coming from the US!

Mike

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin