Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,568   Online: 871

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    I've never been to Iowa, but I'm curious, where does one go to photograph in Iowa? I may be driving through in June and don't want to miss anything.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested - I'm in Council Bluffs so a central to west location would work best for me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We have lots of lovely barns and countryside here! My favorites to photograph are barns, old buildings and farms...etc...
    ~Jessica

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    An "outing"? I thought all you Americans had a "don't ask, don't tell" policy! LOL.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    An outing in Iowa? Let's see...drive north on Interstate 5 and turn right somewhere near Fresno and keep going...something like that??? Oh, I'd get lost any way. Have fun!!!

S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    psst Sharon, you have to go all the way to Sacramento and turn right. Take 80 East. Have something along to keep you awake.

BTW ya'll need to go up to Coulter. many of the railway bridges in that part of Iowa were engineered by my Grandfather after he immigrated to this country. That is near Hampton, or if you really need a landmark, try Mason City.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    psst Sharon, you have to go all the way to Sacramento and turn right. Take 80 East. Have something along to keep you awake.
    Like I said, "I'd get lost"

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Depending on when you choose to go, I might be able to make it. I have a bunch-o-prints to make for the local radio station. That has to be done first & I don't need any distractions from new negatives in the darkroom....
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am in Iowa. No car, though. And I'm in a tiny town. Ever heard of Webster City? :P

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    I've never been to Iowa, but I'm curious, where does one go to photograph in Iowa? I may be driving through in June and don't want to miss anything.
    Having grown up in SW Iowa I'd like to suggest the Loess Hills along the Missouri River from near Hamburg to north of Council Bluffs. Take a look at this webpage for a description and information:

http://www.nfinity.com/~exile/loesspg.htm

These hills have a unigue landscape and a lot of scenic areas, old barns, parks, etc. that are very interesting.

I'm in Washington, DC now or I'd join you.

Wes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin