Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,816   Online: 739

Shooter
    35mm

Wisconsin members please comment

The new thread on photo salons made me think that perhaps it would be a good idea to have a regular..monthly or quarterly meeting. At such a meeting we could show our work..I am not suggessting a contest..and discuss technical and aesthetic issues etc. We could drink some coffee even soad pop or wine would be OK. I am concerned that if Mr. b&Wgirl were to attend and drink wine we might end up spending the entire session being involved in a disertaintion on wine drinking. I do not mind it as far as others are concerned but it seems a bit counter-productive for a recovering alcoholic who enjoys giving a contrary opinion and who is unable to experience what he is full of shit about.

Even member from Illinois could attend but I propose that they be charge an entrance fee equal to that I would have to pay in tolls going to Calumet at Bensenville Il.

Digitographers could also attend if they sign a pledge that they are trying to kick the habit and can demonstrate that they are members of DA and have chosen film for a higher power.

Members of this group could take turns hosting the sessions. I think it may be a good idea to have a regular date. I would hope that it not be the sixth Tuesday of any given month because I have already set that aside as my time to learn more about digital.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am for the idea. I would hope that local camera clubs could serve this function, but perhaps they are all so digitally inclined these days that you can't even talk about non-digital images in them anymore?

Driving from here to Chicago seems to cost about $125 in tolls if you are not from Illinois, so please charge Illinoisians appropriately.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well....Mr. BWGirl is crushed that he will not be allowed to extol the virtues of a fine bottle of Zinfandel... perhaps a nice Pinot Noir??? But none for you, Claire! We must keep to the straight (literally) and narrow!

This sounds like a great idea. I nominate Claire to make it happen ("Make it so Number 1")! If this is an evening event (probably harder than a daytime weekend thing), I do have other obligations on Tuesdays & Wednesdays ("Lost" is an obligation, right???) haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd certainly be interested.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    The new thread on photo salons made me think that perhaps it would be a good idea to have a regular..monthly or quarterly meeting. At such a meeting we could show our work..I am not suggessting a contest..and discuss technical and aesthetic issues etc. We could drink some coffee even soad pop or wine would be OK. I am concerned that if Mr. b&Wgirl were to attend and drink wine we might end up spending the entire session being involved in a disertaintion on wine drinking. I do not mind it as far as others are concerned but it seems a bit counter-productive for a recovering alcoholic who enjoys giving a contrary opinion and who is unable to experience what he is full of shit about.

Even member from Illinois could attend but I propose that they be charge an entrance fee equal to that I would have to pay in tolls going to Calumet at Bensenville Il.

Digitographers could also attend if they sign a pledge that they are trying to kick the habit and can demonstrate that they are members of DA and have chosen film for a higher power.

Members of this group could take turns hosting the sessions. I think it may be a good idea to have a regular date. I would hope that it not be the sixth Tuesday of any given month because I have already set that aside as my time to learn more about digital.
    Clair,
    We Flat Landers pulled together for a decent meeting at Richard Wassermans place in Willmete http://www.apug.org/forums/forum176/24482-chicago-area-gathering.html

I was suprised at the turn out that was in attendence. Uh by the way, the IDOT Toll system charges the same regardless if your traveling north or south on 294, especially if your a non conformist like myself, I despise the Toll sysytem.
    Regards,
    FIB know it all

Shooter
    35mm
    My house it is. When?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    My house it is. When?
    Sundays or Mondays work best for me. Otherwise, I never know ahead of time when I might have to work late.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin