Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,432   Online: 789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    I feel they must be about giving, that is the side of the exchange we have control over. These exchanges are a valuable incentive to produce my best work. All of the prints I have received in return has been very welcome, and considered more than adequate recompense for my own efforts.
    As mrcallow said in another thread, "what Dave said."
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    ... contact prints exposed to the sun at midnight by naked maidens ...
    If there is a market for it, it can be done. At least one APUG member lives far enough north to have midnight sun in the summer...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    If there is a market for it, it can be done. At least one APUG member lives far enough north to have midnight sun in the summer...
    I can feel a workshop coming on........
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I totally agree with Art about the exchanges being about both giving and receiving.

I have participated in the postcard exchange and loved getting all the mail! The idea that someone in say New York City has a small print of mine is thrilling! So many of my images gets put into a box to never see the light of day and I would rather someone has one of them up somewhere to hopefully enjoy. In a way I get to travel without leaving home.
    I did an exchange with a very nice fellow from Iceland and when I received his print from my mail carrier I PM'd him right away how much I enjoyed it.
    I received one of the best Christmas presents from mikeg! A beautiful print of an image I love! I even got an extra postcard from Nige! That made my day.

I'm about to particpate in both the Group print exchange and the Blind Print exchange and look forward to meeting and sharing with more apug members. What more can you ask for. I'm like everyone else thinking that Oh my God, I hope I can find a print that is worthy, etc. It's more important to just do it!

BWKate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin