Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,728   Online: 983

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Print Exchange Deadbeats

So after some PMs with the other Print Exchange Organizers Jeremy Moore, Carl Radford and PhotoPete, we have 14 deadbeats (2 repeat offenders) who owe 29 people prints.

So far there has been a deadbeat in every round of every print exchange, except Round 6 Group Print Exchange (since no one has PMed Jeremy yet).

You know who you are, so get printing and honour your committments!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    how sad.

And then some wonder why more people don't get involved!
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    So after some PMs with the other Print Exchange Organizers Jeremy Moore, Carl Radford and PhotoPete, we have 14 deadbeats (2 repeat offenders) who owe 29 people prints.

So far there has been a deadbeat in every round of every print exchange, except Round 6 Group Print Exchange (since no one has PMed Jeremy yet).

You know who you are, so get printing and honour your committments!

Regards, Art.
    I think you should out the individuals publically if they are repeat offenders!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about a private blacklist maintained by the print exchange coordinators? You could ask for a reason from the non-contributing participant which is then put to a poll for the people who were participating in the exchange. If a certain percentage decide that the reason is not acceptable the non-contributing participant could be added to the blacklist and excluded for a certain number of months/years from taking part in print exchanges. I know I would be disappointed if I put the effort into making a print for an exchange and didn't receive one in return however there will be cases where the reason is legitimate (eg cyclones are wreaking havoc here at the moment).

Just a thought,
    Roger.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Art,

I'm on your list of "deadbeats". I owe a print. I have communicated with my creditor and we have an arrangement.

You seem to have a fixation on this "deadbeat" thing, so why don't you quit beating around the bush, print the list, get it out of your system and move on? Otherwise, drop it.

cheers

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    While I agree there maybe legitimate problems for some people, I think repeat offenders should at least be known to the exchange coordinators.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Albuquerque NM has just passed legislation that will post DWI offenders in the Sunday paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ras351
    What about a private blacklist maintained by the print exchange coordinators?
    That's what we have.
    You could ask for a reason from the non-contributing participant which is then put to a poll for the people who were participating in the exchange.
    It's up to the individual organizers how they want to handle daedbeats. If I get a PM, I'll send a PM to the person concerned. Most say they will send their print and do, but a small few eventually don't respond.

Remember these PMs are sent long after the due date and only after PMs have been sent by the recipients or organizers. Many are active posters though - one even asked for donations of darkroom equipment and materials.

A few have left APUG permanently. One in the Blind Exchange, where I felt bad for the jilted recipient, whom I recruited to participate, I sent him a print personally.

I'm not into more work for the organizers with the poll thing. We're volunteers as it is and people should honour their committments like adults or PM the organizer if they can't. If the person asked gives a reason, fine, but when they don't respond, that's another matter.

I know I would be disappointed if I put the effort into making a print for an exchange and didn't receive one in return however there will be cases where the reason is legitimate.
    There are maybe two people that I would put into the category of 'deadbeat waiver', the rest should just stop procrastinating, get printing and send their print(s).

People on the deadbeat list will not be allowed to particpate in any print exchange, by agreement of all the print exchange organizers.

We may want to extend that to any member organized function?

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brewer
    I think repeat offenders should at least be known to the exchange coordinators.
    They are.

This private blacklist only names those that we are told of. If we aren't told of anyone, they are not on our list.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make that 15 deadbeats now, owing 32 prints. I just got another PM.

Regards, Art.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin