Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,611   Online: 808

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Time of Minimalism, part the first.

Choose one camera body and one lins (no filters) and promis that for the next couple of days (say five) this will be the tools of the trade. You may choose two different films to work with. When the time of snapshottery and printing has passed, lets say august 20 to coincide with H.P. Lovecrafts birth day and the day in 1598, when William Shakespeare's play The Merchant of Venice is entered on the Stationers' Register. And notorious criminal John Dillinger--America's "Public Enemy No. 1"--is killed in a hail of bullets fired by federal agents. Not that it has anything to to with the snapping of pictures. We present the pictures for each others. And much Oooohing and Aaaahing will take place.
    Sounds reasonable?

Well then my Imps and Cherubes; start snapping and printing.

My tools of the trade will be Pentax MX, smc28/3.5, APX100, and TriX

No line up or admission is needed. If you have the prints on the 20:th, then you'r in. You are also fair game for the cantacerous old photographers whose assignement it is to go over your piccie with a fine comb.

Any takers?

well then -- snap away!

-- MW
    Men, said the Devil, are good to their brothers: they donít want to mend their own ways, but each others.
    -- Piet Hein

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll keep it simple: Zeiss Ikon Nettar 512, with 75mm Tessar lens. And my last roll of APX100.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya 7, 80mm and some Pro-S and Z.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm willing to participate with my Zone VI 8x10, a Fujinon 420mm and Tri-X / T-max 100.

But I have to tell you, on August 17th I'm leaving for two weeks and I won't be here for the picture showing. I can upload them before leaving, though... will that be OK ? Or should I wait until my return (Sept. 5) ?

Can I add an idea ? That after the pictures are shown, we vote for the best and the winner gets one print from every one that has participated (coming from a neg that was shot during the MOF, of course)...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    But I have to tell you, on August 17th I'm leaving for two weeks and I won't be here for the picture showing. I can upload them before leaving, though... will that be OK ? Or should I wait until my return (Sept. 5) ?
    I'm all for informality, upload away.
    Can I add an idea ? That after the pictures are shown, we vote for the best and the winner gets one print from every one that has participated (coming from a neg that was shot during the MOF, of course)...
    Good idea.
    So how about:
    july 23d - 28th: shoot with one camera - one lens.
    aug 17 - sep 5: upload.
    sep 5 - 10: vote and comment.

-- MW
    Men, said the Devil, are good to their brothers: they donít want to mend their own ways, but each others.
    -- Piet Hein

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus W
    july 23d - 28th: shoot with one camera - one lens.
    I agree with the rest, but these 6 days I doubt I'll get any photography done. I'm off for the oilfields again soon, which tends to turn me a bit cranky. I'll bring a camera with me, and we'll see what happens. There's no guarantee that I'll shoot anything at all during those few days.

Call it - today until August 5th?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Call it - today until August 5th?
    Deal.

-- MW
    -- Piet Hein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Perfect. We'll just have to wait and see whether there will be more than us four that will get interested....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    On the other hand, I'll start doing some pictures anyway...

(I think the title of the thread might be a bit difficult to understand, so people might just not click on it to see what it is about. The MOF suggested by Magnus seems like fun and it's strange that so few people have responded)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simple and minimal is a good approach. Seems to have worked for folks like Bresson, Kertesz, Frank and Gibson.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin