Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,529   Online: 1095

View Poll Results: What place(s) would you like to shoot?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Architecture

2 66.67%
  • Trains/Rail

2 66.67%
  • Fountains

0 0%
  • Old Stuff/Decay

3 100.00%
  • Bridges/River

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Downtown Kansas City Outing Sept 23 - Open invitation

A couple of us are going about shooting downtown Kansas City on Saturday, 9/23. The meeting place and itinerary are yet to be determined. This is an open invitation to any that may be in the neighborhood that day.

We will meet around 9:00AM and will probably stop for lunch and a drink as the sun reaches its apex.

We'll be moving at a LF pace, but you're welcome to bring any format. This city has endless photographic possibilities! Bring plenty of film and good cheer.

PM me if you're interested so I can keep you informed of any updates.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm in. Chris and I will be lugging our LF stuff, but anyone is welcome; Holga, Hasselblad, Widelux, pinhole, et al.

The KC Union train station has been restored and is an oustanding example of the Art Deco major railroad stations in the US. Just one of the possible subjects. The old KCP&L building downtown is also renowned for its Art Deco architecture. Plenty of red brick buildings with vintage signage if you like that.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very temping. I'd love to come down, and will try to make it work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bump. The KC outing is next weekend.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to join you guys in the afternoon if I'm able to make it. Do you know what areas you're going to hit yet? I live right in the heart of downtown, so it won't be too much of a hike for me. I'm pretty much a newbie with my 4x5, but I shoot 6x7 and 35mm RF as well. Maybe I can get some tips!
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Chris, I suggest you PM pandino (whose name is also Chris) since you are both familiar with the turf and I'm not. He's making up the list of possible places.

Bring whatever gear you want to. Pandino and I will be lugging LF. It takes me two trips from the truck to get my stuff on location.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris, do PM me if you're interested. I can give you my mobile# and you can meet up with us along the way. Right now, I'm thinking we'll spend some time in the West Bottoms, Midtown and maybe the N Broadway and City Market areas.

I'll probably be shooting mostly 4x5, but will probably also have an 8x10, 11x14, 6x6 and 35mm handy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bump this up one more time. Any more takers?
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My first post on APUG

I just wanted to say that if I can't make it, I'll be with you in spirit. I'm in Topeka and have been sifting the forums for information as I re-enter the analog world as an amateur after my professional life took me down the digital path. I'm plannning my darkroom construction and this site has been most useful.

I've been a little reluctant to post because the last time I got involved on a forum, I wound up where I am now, webmaster and designer for a 10,000 member site.

I may have to search the member list for other Kansans now...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi jstraw and welcome to APUG.

Here's a thread I started a while back looking for Kansas APUG members:http://www.apug.org/forums/forum49/27967-kansas-apug-members.html. As you will see, there are several of us in the Topeka region. Later this year, I'm going to try organizing a northeast KS shoot.

Sorry you can't make it to KC this next weekend.
    My Photography Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin