Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,864   Online: 885

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A new Gallery subject ???

I made a quick search about this and it seems that noone has touched the subject on APUG before:

I would like to talk about the first couple of frames on a 35mm roll, the ones we shoot while advancing the film to the first frame... there has been several exhibitions with those frames in the past (by avant-garde artists, of course...) and lots have been said about them (especially about the "unconscious" creative quality of them, using "surrealist" territory and theories).

What about the creation of a new Gallery "space" in APUG, where every 35mil shooter will be able to post his/her "unconscious masterworks" ? I know I don't shoot 35mil that often (Claire, please no comments about my M3) but I think I might be able to find some really interesting ones... could you (all) ???

I think it might be entertaining and instructive to see what pure luck gan give as a result (like if we gave cameras to a few chimps) sometimes... careful editing - of course - can be of great help to make the final result more interesting...

So, how about it ?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, let's do it-sounds totally heavy dude!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't know if it merits a gallery category (it would be up to Sean, ultimately), but it's an interesting idea, and you could certainly start a new thread for "start frames," and people could post them as attachments to posts, and if it becomes popular, we could make it a "sticky" thread.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Darn, now I gotta remember to take off the lens cap when firing off that first "set" shot or two! Or maybe I could post mine to that "Darkness Photography" thread?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about not putting any film in your camera? Now that would be really interesting-"we have entered a netherworld where neither the illusion nor its armature prevail".
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin