Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,569   Online: 1136

View Poll Results: Should we have a MF Folding Camera Month?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to do it.

32 66.67%
  • No, bad idea

3 6.25%
  • October 15 to November 15?

8 16.67%
  • November 1 to November 30?

20 41.67%
  • Allow Baby Graphics?

11 22.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

MF Folding Camera Month

This is another semi-loony idea hatched in the Chat Room today. How about having a Medium Format Folding Camera Month?

The basic idea would be to shoot photos with a medium format folding camera during a one-month period, then post the best one you get in the APUG Gallery. No restrictions on film choice, B&W or color, either one.

By far, most of these cameras are of vintage age and there is a wide variety of them. Exposure and focusing is all done manually, often "guessing" on the focusing distance with uncoupled rangefinders. But they can still produce quite good results. I noted that one of the Ilford Postcard winners was shot with an Agfa Isollette.

If anyone is interested, please answer the poll questions. Should we run the month from October 15 to November 15 or November 1-30?

I think the Baby Graphics (2-1/4x 3-1/4) should be allowed. They are MF (6x9) folding cameras, are of the same vintage, and can be easily hand-held. They have the advantages of ground-glass focusing and sheet film, but so what? But I can see that some people might have a problem with that, so I have included it in the poll questions. I dont have one myself right now, but I have used them in the past.

Let's see where this goes.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, Nov. 1-30, and yes to Baby Graphics. Heh. I'll be using my Agfa 6x9, though.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Stephanie. I must give credit where it is due: Stephanie was the other partner in crime hatching this idea.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I do so like to hatch crazy schemes, don't you know.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I shot one of my postcard entries with a Fuji Gs645 folder, but I don't think that is what you have in mind.... Or would it be accepted? (I can always switch to my Ansco Titan.)

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think we're thinking antique or older folding cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in! I don't use my folders nearly enough.

Does a non-modified Polaroid 110A count? It's vintage (i.e. older than me) and it folds.

I don't have a real convenient way of scanning. Are scans limited to prints, or is a neg scan okay?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    And I shot one of my postcard entries with a Fuji Gs645 folder, but I don't think that is what you have in mind.... Or would it be accepted? (I can always switch to my Ansco Titan.)

Thanks,

Will
    I didn't think about the more modern ones Will. How about we restrict it to vintage folders?
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino View Post
    I'm in! I don't use my folders nearly enough.

Does a non-modified Polaroid 110A count? It's vintage (i.e. older than me) and it folds.

I don't have a real convenient way of scanning. Are scans limited to prints, or is a neg scan okay?
    I would think any of the Polaroid folders qualifies Chris. No restricitons on scanning. Whatever works for you.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sure, I've always got my Perkeo II--"The Pocketblad"--in my briefcase. Every month is MF folder month for me!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin