Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,723   Posts: 1,514,997   Online: 1216

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I'm thinking of selling my dedicated film scanner for 35mm and getting a flatbed, or even trading for one. Hrm. Perhaps I should put that up in the classifieds...heh.

I'll be watching for a flatbed, though. If I'm going to shoot a lot with the Agfa (and I think I am) I'll want something I can scan the negatives with.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Matt,

My 616 folder (with attractive leather case!) will be taking part in the fun. I am using two nickels as spacers with 120 roll film and the original 616 take up spool, and get 4 exposures per roll (expose when 3,6,9,12 show up in the little red window).

Panoramic!

Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00397.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd load up my Zeiss Nettar but I can't post anything in apug.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Matt,

My 616 folder (with attractive leather case!) will be taking part in the fun. I am using two nickels as spacers with 120 roll film and the original 616 take up spool, and get 4 exposures per roll (expose when 3,6,9,12 show up in the little red window).

Panoramic!

Doug
    Hi Doug:

I've tried a couple of tricks with the film size challenge. Do you have any problem with light leaks at the edge, when you use the 120 on the 616 take up Spool?

I think I'll be able to get 5 exposures, but the "window" on mine coincides with the 6x4.5 numbers on the roll, so I have to read in 2 1/2 exposure increments (2, 4.5, 7, 9.5, 12, 14.5).

Panoramic indeed, although it's hard to get that sense from those tiny viewfinders!

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    1940s and 1950s - those are babies

I'm hoping to submit something using this camera shown below - it's only been about 39 years since I last used it regularly.

Matt

P.S. - any guesses about how old I was when I did use it regularly?
    I have one, what film can you use in it, I'd like to participate but I only collected them, didn't think I could use it. Forgive my ignorance.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    I have one, what film can you use in it, I'd like to participate but I only collected them, didn't think I could use it. Forgive my ignorance.
    Gay:

The Six Sixteen Kodak takes, not surprisingly, 616 film .

You can't buy 616 film anymore, at least not with the proper paper backing. The film itself is the same size as 70mm film (2.5" wide) but it is on a 616 spool, and has 616 paper backing.

I don't know whether there was any variation in the length of the negatives produced by these cameras - mine produces a 4.5" long negative.

There are also 116 cameras - same size film, just different (diameter) spool.

There are a few tricks you can use that will permit you to use 120 film in many of these cameras, but it is certainly much easier if you have a 616 take up spool.

If you would like, I can look on my computer at home for some links to sites where people have posted the tips and tricks they have used to adapt 120 film for use in these cameras. I also have an e-mail address for someone who, for $45 US, will send you an adapter he makes.

I think most of these cameras list the film size used inside, when you open the back. You should probably check yours first before I go further.

If you have any extra 616 spools you feel like parting with, lets talk .

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Gay:

The Six Sixteen Kodak takes, not surprisingly, 616 film .

You can't buy 616 film anymore, at least not with the proper paper backing. The film itself is the same size as 70mm film (2.5" wide) but it is on a 616 spool, and has 616 paper backing.

I don't know whether there was any variation in the length of the negatives produced by these cameras - mine produces a 4.5" long negative.

There are also 116 cameras - same size film, just different (diameter) spool.

There are a few tricks you can use that will permit you to use 120 film in many of these cameras, but it is certainly much easier if you have a 616 take up spool.

If you would like, I can look on my computer at home for some links to sites where people have posted the tips and tricks they have used to adapt 120 film for use in these cameras. I also have an e-mail address for someone who, for $45 US, will send you an adapter he makes.

I think most of these cameras list the film size used inside, when you open the back. You should probably check yours first before I go further.

If you have any extra 616 spools you feel like parting with, lets talk .

Matt

Okay, you can buy 616 film and many of the odd sized films from Film For Classics. http://www.filmforclassics.com/

You have to scroll down on their Order form page to see the table of films they have and their cost. Not always cheap, but if you wanted to try an old camera, maybe it's worth it. I have bought 122 film (among other sizes) from them in the past.
    Diane

Halak 41

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan View Post
    Okay, you can buy 616 film and many of the odd sized films from Film For Classics. http://www.filmforclassics.com/

You have to scroll down on their Order form page to see the table of films they have and their cost. Not always cheap, but if you wanted to try an old camera, maybe it's worth it. I have bought 122 film (among other sizes) from them in the past.
    JandC had a note on their website a while back (~2004) that they were working on either 116 or 616 film (I forget which). Does anyone know what happened to that project?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like it's time to reroll some 120 on to 620 spools.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Matt,

Panoramic!

Doug
    Nice,

makes me want to give my 116 camera a try. I have 4 old Verichrome rolls for the 116. The camera isn't in near as nice condition as yours, but I should give it a try.

Matt

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin