Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,324   Online: 960

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Zeiss Ikon is ready.

So is the Daiichi Zenobia, the Voigtländer Perkeo, and the Balda Belfoca. And just maybe my travelling Bessa-I will come home in November?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    Only one photo per participant please.
    Any vintage medium format folding camera is allowed. We are including the Baby Graphics (2-1/2x3-1/4) and the vintage Plaubel Makinas.
    Two questions:

1: is a "participant" a person or a camera?

2: Should rollfilm backs be used on those cameras originally made for sheet film? I have a cute little Voigtländer Bergheil 6.5x9cm too - and a rollfilm back for it.
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    The Zeiss Ikon is ready.
    So is mine!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yoooo-hooo! Count me in! I'll be there, with my Agfa Isolette.
    Future, present, past. Life, decay, death, birth. I try to catch a glimpse of history as it unfolds before my eyes, and to pass that on to future generations. I am a witness of my time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Ole;379695]Two questions:

1: is a "participant" a person or a camera?[?QUOTE]
    The idea was one shot per person that applies to the MF Folder Month, the best one you get from how many or how few cameras you may have. However, there sure ain't nothing that says you can't post any other shot on APUG that you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    2: Should rollfilm backs be used on those cameras originally made for sheet film? I have a cute little Voigtländer Bergheil 6.5x9cm too - and a rollfilm back for it.
    No restriction on that either. That was one reason why I posed the question about the Baby Graphics because they used a 6x9 sheet film, and also had the 120 roll film backs. Some of the old Kodak folders also had glass plate adapters. Wonder if anyone will have one of those?

Ole, can we make this thread a sticky?
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Isolette

I acquired an Isolette from the 'bay just for this purpose. Should be here shortly and hopefully in some working order. I pulled out my old Agfa and the bellows had deteriorated to dust, so 'had' to go shopping.
    Neal

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The thread has been successfully Stuck.
    That's what it says when a thread is "stickified" - I kid you not!

Hmmm... Now you got me wondering if I have any 6.5x9cm glass plates.

NO! I'll use roll film. Drop that plate thought, and forget about the sheet film too. I'll be a good boy and use real roll film in a camera made for roll film.

I think.

So far, at least.
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for stickyfying Ole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Drop that plate thought, ---
    And please don't drop a glass plate!! :o
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Hi Doug:

I've tried a couple of tricks with the film size challenge. Do you have any problem with light leaks at the edge, when you use the 120 on the 616 take up Spool?

I think I'll be able to get 5 exposures, but the "window" on mine coincides with the 6x4.5 numbers on the roll, so I have to read in 2 1/2 exposure increments (2, 4.5, 7, 9.5, 12, 14.5).

Panoramic indeed, although it's hard to get that sense from those tiny viewfinders!

Matt
    Matt - I unload the finished spool of 120 film on the 616 spool in the darkroom or changing bag and transfer it to something light-tight if I won't be developing on the spot. The 616 takeup spool is wider than 120, so the finished roll cannot be exposed to light. The issue I am concerned with is that the spacers (nickels -US five cent pieces) do not shim the 120 roll tight enough to create tension and may affect film flatness. This is not a show-stopper though. The big black chunk in the middle of the lens elements that I discovered last night is a bigger problem....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Matt - I unload the finished spool of 120 film on the 616 spool in the darkroom or changing bag and transfer it to something light-tight if I won't be developing on the spot. The 616 takeup spool is wider than 120, so the finished roll cannot be exposed to light. The issue I am concerned with is that the spacers (nickels -US five cent pieces) do not shim the 120 roll tight enough to create tension and may affect film flatness. This is not a show-stopper though. The big black chunk in the middle of the lens elements that I discovered last night is a bigger problem....
    Doug:

Thanks - I've found that the 120 film cannisters that J & C sell are big enough to hold the 616 spool, so if you are looking for something that doesn't require taking the film off the spool in the field, you may want to try them (in the changing bag, of course).

My 616 camera has a spring loaded pressure plate, so film flatness isn't as vulnerable. One thing you might try though to provide tension is small 7/8" fabric pads that are designed to be put on to the legs of chairs, to protect floors. They are just squishy enough to provide some tension. Just be careful to check for shedding.

Good luck with the black chunk.

Matt

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin