Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,432   Online: 785

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like great fun, and my Zeiss Ikonta B has been sadly neglected lately, crying "Feed me Seymour, feed me!" Time to load her up again.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be in.

Now, just have to decide what to use: Agifold, Iskra I, Iskra II, Certo Six, Moskva 5, Franka Rolfix II, Ikonta 524/2 (no, can't use that, the shutter is separated from the camera by some 10000km...), Century Graphic or soon to arrive Super Ikonta III.

Maybe it would be a good time to by something else just for this ? :o

Choices, choices....

Shooter
    Large Format

Medium format Folding camera

Now that I have a 7x17, I guess that makes my 8x10 my "medium format" folding camera

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Doug:

Thanks - I've found that the 120 film cannisters that J & C sell are big enough to hold the 616 spool, so if you are looking for something that doesn't require taking the film off the spool in the field, you may want to try them (in the changing bag, of course).

My 616 camera has a spring loaded pressure plate, so film flatness isn't as vulnerable. One thing you might try though to provide tension is small 7/8" fabric pads that are designed to be put on to the legs of chairs, to protect floors. They are just squishy enough to provide some tension. Just be careful to check for shedding.

Good luck with the black chunk.

Matt
    Matt:

The chunk-ectomy was successful! I was able to dismantle and clean all lens surfaces with ROR (Residual Oil Remover) and get rid of the large chunk, the smaller chunks, and the other deposits that have built up over the latter part of the previous century. I remember taking pictures of my sister's cat with this camera and being impressed with the performance in the early to mid 1980s. On to November!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great timing with this one... I picked up a nearly mint Voigtlander Jubilar over the weekend for a whopping three dollars, and have been itching to play with it, as it's the only folder I have that still takes commonly available film.
    Last edited by landsknechte; 11-02-2006 at 12:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bump. OK everyone. Its November!
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eight inches of rain in Seattle in 7 days. November has not been kind for image-making (yet). The Kodak Six-16 folder is pretty bullet proof, but not waterproof. Anyone else having any luck?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Not sure yet. I was out in NYC in today's torrential rains with my new-to-me Franka Solida III (Thanks Matt). Haven't souped the HP5 yet but I am optimistic about some frames of people with umbrellas by the NY Public Library's lions. I hope I got something worth printing to justify my soaked feet.
    Neal

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Have taken the grand total of two shots with mine.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot a roll of Adox 100 thru the Kodak No. 2 Folding Autographic Brownie with the Rapid Rectilinear - but didn't like any of the compositions.

For grins I took a shot of the moon, hand held on the last frame.
    1/50th at US16.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MoonAutographicRR50thUS16Adox100web.jpg  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin