Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,872   Online: 1071

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    And received in perfect condition this morning. Cheers: very atmospheric.

Mine is in the press along with a couple of its siblings (I've tried since Friday to flatten the s*dding things but my usual method is not working: no idea why)... Regardless, flat or not, I'll send it out tomorrow morning!

Cheers, Bob.
    If all else fails may I recommend a hot steam iron set to cotton; unless it's mine in which case I will accept the wrinkles.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    If all else fails may I recommend a hot steam iron set to cotton; unless it's mine in which case I will accept the wrinkles.
    If all else fails I might well try that... Not actually wrinkled or anything: they all just have their original curve as they came out the box. Very odd, as I normally have no problem flattening MGIV Warmtone - ho hum...

Oh yeah, sorry, it's not for you Dave, though you are certainly welcome to a copy.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    If all else fails I might well try that... Not actually wrinkled or anything: they all just have their original curve as they came out the box. Very odd, as I normally have no problem flattening MGIV Warmtone - ho hum...

Oh yeah, sorry, it's not for you Dave, though you are certainly welcome to a copy.

Cheers, Bob.
    Well that's o.k. then; it's full steam ahead.

Trying to be serious for a moment (difficult):o, are you letting the print cool before taking it out of the press? I find that when I don't do that they take up a curve.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The method I use is largely what was suggested to me a year or so ago by Nancy Gutrich here on APUG. Has worked very well since.

I put the print in the press between two sheets of mountboard and heat it for a few minutes. I then take the print out, fan it about a bit and repeat a couple of more times. The theory here is that this removes any residual moisture from the print. I then put it back in the press with a sheet of release paper against the emulsion under pressure for about 5 minutes. I then switch the press off and release some of the pressure so it is still held flat, but not pressed hard, and leave the print in there overnight. Usually comes out flat enough to corner mount.

I think it is sorted as I've had it in the press all day and just packaged it up to send out and it was pretty flat. May have been the rain/sun/rain/sun weather we are having down here at the mo. - or just me having one of those days... Be interesting to see if a couple of days held flat in a cardboard mailer going through the post will help (or not...).

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My apologies to my recipient and the organisers. I am (yet again) running late. I'm at a conference this week and snowed under, but I hope to get a print in the post on Friday morning.

Abject apologies to all, especially after the early arrival of a superb print from this round's organiser.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My apologies to my recipient and the organisers. I am (yet again) running late. I'm at a conference this week and snowed under, but I hope to get a print in the post on Friday morning.

Abject apologies to all, especially after the early arrival of a superb print from this round's organiser.
    You wont get around me that easily Beaney - conference schmonference

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I always thought this conference lark was a cushy deal. You know - roll up, listen to a few bods pontificate while your arse is cosseted by a comfy seat, munchies at regular intervals, then waddle to a hotel complete with sumptuous restaurant, well-stocked bar and hot & cold running chambermaids.

Er, no. Not quite.

Crawl from your pit at 0630 (the 0 standing for "Oh ****, it's early!"). Leave the house at 0700. Join the M62 car-park and sit there for the next hour, the monotony broken only by the tw*t in the 52-plate black Lexus IS200 that goes up the hard-shoulder at 80 with his lights off knowing that the cameras probably won't see him while everyone else sits in the queue at 25, tops (tomorrow I'll have my hands-free kit ready and Greater Manchester Police on speed-dial, you b******! Aye, and the month after that. Merry Christmas! ).

Reach the office car park at 0810. Look at the rain which is coming down in stair-rods and taking the paint off the roof of your car. Realise that you have 30 mins very fast walk to reach the conference and that you have to leave right now. Set off. Despite the brolly, five minutes later your shoes and socks are saturated. Ten minutes after that you have blisters. Fifteen minutes after that you arrive.

Scald your throat with a coffee and hit the lectures. Try and keep up with the coherently-presented best thoughts of some of the world's brightest people in the area of software testing. Realise early on that you are not one of the world's brightest people in the area software testing! Or any other area!

The schedule runs all day with just enough time between sessions to change rooms, (if you're quick) visit the gents and just enough lunchtime to grab a quick bite and buy Compeed plasters (recommended).

1830 leave the conference. 1900 arrive at the office, check voicemail, pick up snailmail. 2030 arrive home, grab dinner, go through and respond to work email, check APUG. 2300, bed, sleep.

This was the third day. I do it again tomorrow.

If I were presented with a hot & cold running chambermaid right now... Well, it'd be a waste! Luckily, my personal bar is well-stocked and is open.

Yes, I know; whinge, whinge, whinge! Actually, despite the above, it's brilliant! I'm learning a ton and paving the way towards learning about ten tons more.

I am, however, cream-crackered!

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the words of D.I Regan 'some things about this job are great. And some things STINK. Let's go and have a drink'. Never has the human condition been summed up so eloquently!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "We're the Sweeney, son. And we haven't had any dinner!"

Conference and whinging over. Will try and post a print to my victi... Sorry, my recipient tomorrow!
    Last edited by FrankB; 12-07-2006 at 06:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Print away, first class post.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin