Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,786   Online: 1195

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I prefer: "Put your trousers on son, you're nicked!"...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    I prefer: "Put your trousers on son, you're nicked!"...

I take it that's a phrase you've heard often Bob :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stunning print from Ian Leake today - love to know a little more about how the print was made and what paper was used?

Carl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I take it that's a phrase you've heard often Bob :o
    Yes, but I keep telling my Mum it's not funny; it wasn't funny when I was six, and it's even less funny now... :o

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Carl. It's a "Grade 13" Bostick & Sullivan 50/50 pt/pd print on COT 320 paper. I've recently decided to use pt/pd exclusively because since AZO disappeared I've rarely been able to get the final prints I'm looking for with silver papers. After a lot of practice I can now make prints that I'm satisfied with from pt/pd, but I know I have a long way to go still :-)

A scan of the original silver print is in my gallery here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Can't be the same image...

the one I have has stunning detail throughout Are you using Potassium Oxalate as your dev?

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post
    Thanks Carl. It's a "Grade 13" Bostick & Sullivan 50/50 pt/pd print on COT 320 paper. I've recently decided to use pt/pd exclusively because since AZO disappeared I've rarely been able to get the final prints I'm looking for with silver papers. After a lot of practice I can now make prints that I'm satisfied with from pt/pd, but I know I have a long way to go still :-)

A scan of the original silver print is in my gallery here.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford View Post
    the one I have has stunning detail throughout Are you using Potassium Oxalate as your dev?

Carl
    Thanks Carl :-)

Yes, originally I used the B&S Ammonium Citrate but it was too cold for my taste. I only recently discovered that Silverprint sell Potassium Oxalate so I use this now, warmed up on a little hot plate I found on ebay.

I've found that EDTA wouldn't clear COT 320 at all well, even after long, long soaks. So I use citric acid (also from Silverpint). That seems to work extremely well.

I was using Arches Platine before, but I switched to COT 320 in the hope it would be easier to coat. And it is. But I'm not sure yet whether that's because my coating technique has got better or because of the paper. I haven't seen much difference between the final prints though. I've still got some AP left so I'll try with that again. And I'll try humidifying it to see what happens too.

All I need to do now is work out how to fund it all :-) I think I'll have to start selling prints but that feels like quite a big step...

All the best,

Ian.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Apologies for my lateness in responding. I received a fantastic print from simulatordan last week. My print is in an envelope and will be in the post box later this afternoon!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well - I was hoping to start off round four today, but seeing as we are still waiting for the receipt of 7 prints to be acknowledged, I guess we'd be better off giving it some more time. How about we say I start off round 4 in the new year, to allow everyone to get the midwinter hols out of the way? Also, would it be fair to say those who do not honour their part of the exchange by then (without letting me know of mitigating circumstances) cant join in again until they have managed to do so? would be good to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Those with prints still outstanding, please try to get them sent out asap

Leon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Leon,

New Year sounds good - it gives me Christmas to build up my files so that I should have a fighting chance of not being late next time!

I fully agree that a person should be excluded from an exchange until their outstanding commitments have been met (with some Tennessee windage for exceptional circumstances and organiser's discretion). Where possible, I would also extend this to outstanding commitments from other APUG exchanges.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin