Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,882   Online: 956

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Spring 2007 Wyoming APUG Gathering

The Wyoming APUGgers have decided to have a gathering. That's right - all three of us! We'll be getting together for a week or so of photographing, flyfishing, feasting and fun in the Fremont Canyon area southwest of Casper. The timeframe will most likely center on the weekend of the 9th and 10th of June, 2007. Any of you 'foreigners' who want to come will be welcome. Just come prepared to camp and have a good time. I'd appreciate it if everyone planning to attend would notify me asap so we can get camping accomodations, etc. planned. For any of you Denver folks planning to attend we can arrange to have a 'follow me' car meet you in Cheyenne and lead you in. Just kidding!

Fremont Canyon is located southwest of Casper between Alcova and Pathfinder reservoirs. I consider it to be one of the most beautiful areas I've ever laid eyes on and one of the best kept secrets in the scenic world. I stopped by there a couple of months ago while returning from a business trip and burned off a couple of quick rolls of 35mm slide film just to give you an idea of what you'll be missing if you fail to show up. Bear in mind that it was midday and I was in a terrible hurry, so don't bother critiqueing the shots. I'm well aware of their shortcomings. They should serve to give you a decent idea of the possibilities, however. All of them were shot within a few miles of each other.

http://www.bnimages.com/fc07.htm

I'll post more details here as winter wears on and they become available.

Hope to see you there!

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bruce,

Keep me updated, Us foreigners from the north of you might, just might be able to make this one!!

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Bruce,

This east coast foreigner is tentatively interested in this gathering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave, we'd love to coax you out of Montana.
    Virginians also welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As Glenn said, you'll be quite welcome, Travis. And Dave, we'll be making a special effort to drag you away from your 'daily grind.'

Bruce

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sounds like a great idea. Can the Wyo' southerners come as well?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Absolutely!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not to post opposition because if I can I’ll be there with bells on. ( I'm a wyo native) But didn't Fremont canyon get a trial by fire this last summer. Kinda looking like the gates of hell right now. Makes for great pictures but hard to camp in. I'm thinking of the right canyon aren’t I Right after Bessemer bend, the goose egg -- am i smoking something?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That could make it all the better
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy5c View Post
    Not to post opposition because if I can Iíll be there with bells on. ( I'm a wyo native) But didn't Fremont canyon get a trial by fire this last summer. Kinda looking like the gates of hell right now. Makes for great pictures but hard to camp in. I'm thinking of the right canyon arenít I Right after Bessemer bend, the goose egg -- am i smoking something?
    Nope, you have the right location for the fire, and there are some great photo possibilities there, but that's not Fremont Canyon. FC is another 20 miles past that and can't be seen from the highway. No hazard to our camping at all, but an easy 20 minute drive for charred tree shots. It's a win win.

Bruce

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin