Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,946   Online: 781

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Statistics for 2006 Print Exchanges

For those that care. 2006 Exchange Results based on my personal experience (number in brackets indicate the number of prints I sent out and should have received):
    • Postcard Exchange 7 - about 78% (45 postcards)
    • Postcard Exchange 8 - about 67% (30 postcards)
    • Blind Exchange 4 - 100% [94% all participants for this round]
    • Blind Exchange 5 - 100% [88% all participants for this round]
    • Toy Camera Day Exchange - 0% (5 prints - I haven't sent any yet - waiting for others to send theirs first)
    • Alternative Exchange 2 - 100% (3 prints)
    • Alternative Exchange 3 - 50% (6 prints)
    • Group Print Exchange 7 - 100% (3 prints)
    • Group Print Exchange 8 - 100% (3 prints)
    So overall, the print exchanges are a good thing to join. Most people honour their committments, but there is room for improvement in some areas.

Get printing!

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 12-08-2006 at 01:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had very good luck. Of all the prints I was supposed to receive, I've only not gotten 2.
    Group Print Exchange 6 - Received 100%
    Group Print Exchange 7 - Received 100%
    Group Print Exchange 8 - Received 67% (2 of 3)
    Blind Print Exchange 3 - Received 100%
    Blind Print Exchange 4 - Received 100%
    Blind Print Exchange 5 - Received 100%
    Alt Process Exchange 2 - Received 67% (2 of 3)
    Alt Process Exchange 3 - Received 100%

I really enjoy these exchanges. I feel that it helps my printing skills improve by seeing others' prints.
    Last edited by Travis Nunn; 12-08-2006 at 06:45 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I forgot about another I haven't received.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hm...
    I've had very good luck with the print exchanges, including the postcard exchanges... well... except

I have not received my print from the last blind exchange,
    and I have not received any prints from the Texas Churches workshop exchange. Oddly enough... both of theses involve Texans. I am thinking there might be some sort of "sucking-in" type of vortex over Texas, where prints go in, but do not go out!

But I am also remiss, as I owe a print to both Donald Miller & Gay Larson. Oi.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm running out of wallspace, and my frame maker is buying a holiday home in Spain. Print exhanges are great - if I can only manage to hold up my end of the exchange.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Alt Process Exchange Round 1 100%
    Alt Process Exchange Round 2 75% (1 missing, he didn't respond to my PM asking for his address so I sent my print to the address on his web site)
    Alt Process Exchange Round 3 100%

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't keep track. All my exchange prints go into a box, and I'm glad to have them, and all my postcards go into another box, and I'm happy to have those as well. I don't know what prints are from what round of what exchange. When there is an APUG gathering at my apartment, we pass the boxes around, so everyone can see what other APUGgers are up to.

Some of mine have gotten out late, and I'm sorry about that, but sometimes life intrudes. I keep a list of everyone to whom I owe a print, and they all make it out eventually. I suppose that some people "owe" me a print, but I don't know who they are, and I'm not too concerned about it. I participate in the exchanges mainly to challenge myself to print for other photographers, and if I get some nice prints in exchange, that's a bonus.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've done well in the various print exchanges that I've been in, but I don't count the postcards so I have no idea how many I've gotten in any given exchange.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a nice aside to this thread, yesterday a postcard from Round 5 arrived in my mail, complete with May 2005 postmark!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin