Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,781   Online: 1035

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I received a very nice square format print from Brian Jeffery today. Looks like it was worth the effort clearing the litter from the site, Brian. It's a shame that this seems to be necessary at so many photogenic sites these days.

Anyway, it's a great print of a very difficult subject - silver birches in what looks like direct sunlight. Tough metering and printing and both have worked out well.

I wonder if a little more blank foreground would lend a little more balance to the print or whether it's just me being used to 6x7 rather than 6x6.

Anyway, I'd love to the the IR version and as I can't make the spring gathering is there any chance of posting scan?

Thanks very much

Barry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Only a few days to go.
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for the comments Barry.

It's funny, I've only recently purchased my C330 with its square format. Before that I've been used to filling the full frame of 35mm. So, I think if I had taken this picture using my SLR I would have almost certainly have flipped the camera on its side, and as a consequence included more foreground. Would this have been a better shot? I don't know. Perhaps I should revisit the shot with my A1 loaded with SFX (Any excuse). My main reason for using the full 35mm frame was the drop off in quality experienced when enlarging only a portion of the negative. However, I suspect this is going to be much less of an issue with 6x6; perhaps I should look at sacrificing some of the negative in some shots...

What upset me about the litter was just the shear amount of it and the fact that it was on MY local recreation ground. I'm seriously considering wandering up there with a big black bin liner once in a while in an effort to clear it up a bit.

If you don't mind an RC print I'll pop the same picture taken with an IR filter in the post later this week?

Brian

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks Brian, I've no problem with RC and would like to see the alternative take.

And good luck with the black bin liner, we often go on a litter-picking walk round our area which is out in the sticks but even here people just throw things from their cars. Bizarre.

I shall watch the post eagerly.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by jeffeb View Post
    thanks for the comments Barry.

It's funny, I've only recently purchased my C330 with its square format. Before that I've been used to filling the full frame of 35mm. So, I think if I had taken this picture using my SLR I would have almost certainly have flipped the camera on its side, and as a consequence included more foreground. Would this have been a better shot? I don't know. Perhaps I should revisit the shot with my A1 loaded with SFX (Any excuse). My main reason for using the full 35mm frame was the drop off in quality experienced when enlarging only a portion of the negative. However, I suspect this is going to be much less of an issue with 6x6; perhaps I should look at sacrificing some of the negative in some shots...

What upset me about the litter was just the shear amount of it and the fact that it was on MY local recreation ground. I'm seriously considering wandering up there with a big black bin liner once in a while in an effort to clear it up a bit.

If you don't mind an RC print I'll pop the same picture taken with an IR filter in the post later this week?

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received an excellent print from Ian Leake this morning.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    To my reckoning there are 7 prints outstanding.
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My print is waiting for a stamp and will be in the post tommorow.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    OK, Times up. Let's try and get the remaining prints sent out ASAP.

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sent mine to Carl Radford 1st class yesterday.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Print arrived from BlackDog today! Great image - well printed with great detail and tones as well as a stone Well pleased!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin