Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,202   Online: 988

Shooter
    Multi Format

Attending Contact in Toronto?

Anyone taking a tour of the Contact showings?

A bunch of us hooked up a few years ago and visited several galleries and had a great lunch to boot. looked at some good, some questionable (to me anyway) work. Still wonder about the image of everyone walking in the same direction crossing to all 4 corners on an intersection.
    I'd like to get out and about again, see some showings. Anyone going, and when?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ian
    I will be at the opening tonight at Brassai.
    Went to CScott gallery and Spin Gallery last night. As well APUGer Craig will be showing at Marvelous Edibles on Sun.
    Beyond that I am hoping his royal tour director and show conisuier Art will pop on this thread and organize a small tour again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm coming to Toronto tomorrow and hope to take in some galleries while I'm there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish I could go up there and organize another tour. Unfortunately (or not) I'll be heading out to SoCal next week and then, I'll be heading to Isreal the last week in May. Too busy. You guys have a blast. This year's offerings look pretty good. Anyone go the opening night last week? When you do go to any of the exhibits, give us details. We want details. Enquiring minds want to know.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Art
    you were there with me last year and I can say I was just as upset with this years opening , but at least I was ready for it.
    I brought a few people who had not been to contacts opening before and after about 5 mins asked me what the hell we were doing there. Speeches that made no sense, lousy prints on coroplast, ink jet prints hanging on the outside walls that were already fading to green, and $8 beers that were in small bottles.
    I was well behaved this year and left without a whimper.
    Decided to go to Grano and have a nice meal and to our suprise a nice little black and white show was on the walls that totally out shone the contact opening events prints so the evening was not a complete waste.
    I will be going to the Wrap party just to see if I can raise my blood pressure again.
    Have fun on your travels

Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I wish I could go up there and organize another tour. Unfortunately (or not) I'll be heading out to SoCal next week and then, I'll be heading to Isreal the last week in May. Too busy. You guys have a blast. This year's offerings look pretty good. Anyone go the opening night last week? When you do go to any of the exhibits, give us details. We want details. Enquiring minds want to know.

Regards, Art.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin